"Net New"

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Seriously.....

How about "new." I think it serves the same purpose, without sounding pompous and overly "smart."

what are you talking about?

Meeting conversation:

- "What we're looking at here is a net new process."
- "That server is net new."
- "Once we expand, we're going to need 5 more buildings." "Net new?" "Yes."

Its annoying.

Ah a new corporate buzz word. It hasn't reached my company yet, thankfully.

I haven't heard that one yet, but my "takeaway" from reading this post is that I will "reach out" to some colleagues and see if they have heard about the phrase....

I had both Oxford Concise and Merriam-Webster put a hold on new entries last year, so I guess they're out of luck.

Meeting conversation:

- "What we're looking at here is a net new process."
- "That server is net new."
- "Once we expand, we're going to need 5 more buildings." "Net new?" "Yes."

Its annoying.

I haven't heard that one yet, but my "takeaway" from reading this post is that I will "reach out" to some colleagues and see if they have heard about the phrase....

You'll have to see if you can interface it with the cloud.

- - - and in doing so it'll be advantageous to "join them together" in a "group gathering" for some dialogue.

(The devil made to do it)

HR

Let me write a white-paper on that :wink2:

http://www.robietherobot.com/buzzword.htm

implement asset tracking deliverables
extend extensible e-services
drive proactive L-business
drive cross-media e-commerce
transition cross-platform deliverables
generate B2C niches
expedite compelling bandwidth

Have you ever noticed that this garbage originates in the suit world? We have our own lingo at work, but this nonsense seems to be from another world. Can't they just speak Engish? :crazy:

Think my exec team (due to a recent coup) would appreciate being called Net New if that silliness starts at my employer? ;) They're doing a good job of pumping the Stock price, at least. We'll see if it's followed by a dump, or a sale. (Sigh, it's so predictable...)

Ah, come to Silicon Valley where every noun is verbable.

And how about 'double click' the new term for 'deep dive' (the old term)

"Interesting, let's double click on that..." :hairraise:

I think this crap comes from people who spend most of their days in meetings, and saying the same thing the same way over and over again gets boring for them. So...they come up with a different way to say the same thing. And when that gets boring, they'll come up with a new one.

Meanwhile, in the trenches, we get bombarded with this meaningless nonsense.

I think this crap comes from people who spend most of their days in meetings, and saying the same thing the same way over and over again gets boring for them. So...they come up with a different way to say the same thing. And when that gets boring, they'll come up with a new one.

Meanwhile, in the trenches, we get bombarded with this meaningless nonsense.

You sir are in desperate need of a mission statement
It is our mission to completely utilize mission-critical opportunities to stay competitive in tomorrow’s world
Our mission is to proactively coordinate emerging sources in order to solve business problems
Our mission is to continue to conveniently supply seven-habits-conforming data such that we may continue to authoritatively integrate value-added catalysts for change while promoting personal employee growth
It is our job to dramatically network prospective products so that we may authoritatively utilize interdependent solutions to stay competitive in tomorrow’s world
Now you can get your work done in a more efficient manner that is win-win for your newly synergized core processes. Enjoy the new paradigm as you work with your level teams in a leveled innovation environment.

Seriously.....

How about "new." I think it serves the same purpose, without sounding pompous and overly "smart."

With "net new" though, it doesn't have to be new, just same as, ie a factory refurb computer is "net new".

I'm still looking for the freakin cloud we are supposed to hook into.......:dunno:

With "net new" though, it doesn't have to be new, just same as, ie a factory refurb computer is "net new".
If you take a junked out airplane, and replace every part except the data plate, is it net new? :D

I should post the yearly performance review software my company uses. You have to comment on all aspects of your job performance, and it's all BS corporate jargon. Thankfully, I'm the king of all bullshooters so I can play the game. But the urge to vomit is enormous...

I've used net-new for years. "New" means, generally speaking, something that hasn't happened before within the given context. Net-new means, in my world, that when all is said and done, you have something appreciable and new left over.

Meaning: buy a service for $100. New deal comes down the pike, buy this $20 service, get a $30 discount on your existing. Total package is now $90. There is nothing net-new here. However, a new deal with "buy this $30 service, get a $20 discount" -- $10 is net-new (total revenue $110).

Cheers,

-Andrew

LOL, this whole time I was thinking "net" was in relation to "internet".

You sir are in desperate need of a mission statement
It is our mission to completely utilize mission-critical opportunities to stay competitive in tomorrow’s world
Our mission is to proactively coordinate emerging sources in order to solve business problems
Our mission is to continue to conveniently supply seven-habits-conforming data such that we may continue to authoritatively integrate value-added catalysts for change while promoting personal employee growth
It is our job to dramatically network prospective products so that we may authoritatively utilize interdependent solutions to stay competitive in tomorrow’s world
Now you can get your work done in a more efficient manner that is win-win for your newly synergized core processes. Enjoy the new paradigm as you work with your level teams in a leveled innovation environment.
That sounds like a mission statement I wrote for a bond underwriter. A new requirement to provide them with some drivel...I wrote such a BS statement I thought they would deny me...nary a peep out of them.

Back when it mattered, I noticed that the guys who seemed to come up with all the new buzz-word crap were the ones who also seemed to be obsessed with the newest goofy fashion or hair trends (loafers with no socks, goofy little plastic bracelets, gold chains, etc) but weren't necessarily the sharpest tools in the shed. They didn't get far with us.

And anybody who worked for me knew better than to start talking about shifting paradigms if they weren't shopping for an ass-chewing.

Back