Negative Diluted Drug Test.

found this online, my guess is no:

"In all cases when a drug test is reported as positive with dilution or positive dilute, it is always a positive drug test. A test result reported as a Negative Dilute is not a positive and should not be a violation of employer policy."

49cfr40 programs usually require a monitored retest. Failure to comply triggers a presumptive positive…

Was this a DOT?

found this online, my guess is no:

"In all cases when a drug test is reported as positive with dilution or positive dilute, it is always a positive drug test. A test result reported as a Negative Dilute is not a positive and should not be a violation of employer policy."
Really? A diluted drug test is an attempt by the employee to tamper with the test and grounds for dismissal.

Having taken many drug tests, I’m not sure how it’s possible to dilute.. unless you have a sac of water hidden in your pants.

At our airline you never know when you are tested, so you would have to carry that in your pants at all times to ensure temperature. Even then it may not be in the temp range.

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding here..??

Dilute merely means the creatinine (measure of urine concentration) is less than 20 ng/ml.

This happens fairly frequently when you’re properly hydrated.

Normal human creatinine is 100. From something less than 20 to 500 is within “normal”.

Calling what the DOT calls “dilute” a deliberate means to thwart the test is ignorant. It does, however, indicate an inability with current technology to accurately measure stuff in the urine, hence the usual request for a retest.

Labs that are a little more savvy will “normalize” the creatinine to 100. So if your creatinine is 200, divide indicated levels by 2. This accounts for excessive concentration. I don’t believe it is normalized “up”.

These tests require specialized interpretation as they have limits. 49cfr40 requires a “MRO”. And while they’re usually Docs, they really don’t get good training.

The HIMS program has ZERO qualified interpretation of drug and alcohol tests…

Dilute merely means the creatinine (measure of urine concentration) is less than 20 ng/ml.

This happens fairly frequently when you’re properly hydrated.

Normal human creatinine is 100. From something less than 20 to 500 is within “normal”.

Calling what the DOT calls “dilute” a deliberate means to thwart the test is ignorant. It does, however, indicate an inability with current technology to accurately measure stuff in the urine, hence the usual request for a retest.

Labs that are a little more savvy will “normalize” the creatinine to 100. So if your creatinine is 200, divide indicated levels by 2. This accounts for excessive concentration. I don’t believe it is normalized “up”.

These tests require specialized interpretation as they have limits. 49cfr40 requires a “MRO”. And while they’re usually Docs, they really don’t get good training.

The HIMS program has ZERO qualified interpretation of drug and alcohol tests…
Excellent explanation.

Thank you.

Really? A diluted drug test is an attempt by the employee to tamper with the test and grounds for dismissal.
Not necessarily. Dilutions almost always result in retests. It's only on subsequent dilutions or positives that we generally took action.

When a test shows dilution it usually requires a monitored test .

Ask for immediate restest, drop a new sample. The test is not valid.
Stop chuggin fluids B4 you go to the test center. If repeeated it will be considered evidenc of Evasion.

Go get a valid test and satisfy thie random request.

B

Back