needin' specs for a or p/n for a shunt

DKirkpatrick

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DKirkpatrick
working on a C-172D, 14VDC. Need to buy a "shunt" for the airplane - the connector block with a lead going to the ammeter... It seems we lost it. Think I need a 60 amp version, but a real spec or real part number would really be helpful. I know, it's a dum thing to lose it...
thanks
dan

Need to buy a "shunt" for the airplane - the connector block with a lead going to the ammeter...
Are you sure it was a shunt? I can't get to any diagrams or books but while I could easily be wrong I thought 172s had ammeters with internal shunts. Maybe PM Dan Thomas?

This is the diagram that likely applies to that airplane.

upload_2022-2-24_17-49-59.png

The ammeter has an internal shunt. I have never seen an external shunt in any 172.

Really helpful. Bought an electronics international volt/ammeter for the airplane. Looks like I need one w an internal shunt and calibrated. THANK YOU for your help and input for this. Much appreciated.
dan

Really helpful. Bought an electronics international volt/ammeter for the airplane. Looks like I need one w an internal shunt and calibrated. THANK YOU for your help and input for this. Much appreciated.
dan
EI should have sold you something appropriate to your airplane, including any external shunt if required. Maybe check your STC and AML documentation for it.

Back