Need your vote plz

Consider the flight being VFR. Before going to an airport where do you obtain pertinent information?

• Always study the Chart supplements and A/FD

• Always look up and study Airport website

• Always do both of the above

• Never use the airposrt website

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got bored on a zoom today and dipped my toe into this thing... is he even a pilot? or just a simmer? Because I am happy to sweep the pilotedge goons, including this one, right into the "I don't value your opinion" bin -- they infest reddit with their synthetic opinions and really muck up the signal:noise ratio in places like /r/flying.

I stopped watching at around the 2 minute mark, as he reminded me of any dramatic high school girl in tone and gesture, and paying attention to my zoom meeting was more attractive than watching that. I can think of no lower bar than that :D

haha. You're killing me. Crazy thing is that he is a real pilot who thinks highly of himself and does not take any criticism. Believe me when I say my ears are hurting having to listen to that for 3 hours. Only reason I did it was because it was all about me. I wanted to see if I would have to sue this guy.

I have never in my life come across another man this sensitive and over the top dramatic. All over an opinion of where we think noise abatement info should be published. Like it's really not that big of a deal. Just a matter of opinion. Because I disagreed, he resorted into accusing me of being dangerous minded and hazardous. Then he took offense when I said hey buddy I value what the FAA says more than a FBO website. That took him over the edge saying calling him buddy is derogatory.
Then he became completely unhinged when i stated that having this info allover the places instead of the official sources is retarded.

This guy goes as far as saying if you don't routinely check airport websites for flight planning then you need to stay out of my airport and airspace. Whaaaaaat? Guy really think the world revolves around him. So wacky.

****, I have been an HOA Board President during a large ($6.5mm) construction effort and no one made a 3-hr YouToob about me.

I told my wife I deserve a medal for this.

Like it's really not that big of a deal.

I disagree.

He has a (reported - I didn't click on it) three hour video and you have three pages of discussion on POA!

Must be a big deal ... :D

Guy really think the world revolves around him. So wacky.
Unfortunately, it's money (not the world) that revolves around people making videos and stirring up high volume views, and sometimes the best way to increase volume is to post something that enrages people.

Just for the contrast, and maybe a good deed for the day, here's a 10 minute youtube speech that actually has a couple of ideas in it. And some humor.

I disagree.

He has a (reported - I didn't click on it) three hour video and you have three pages of discussion on POA!

Must be a big deal ... :D

hahaha. I love it. It really shouldn't have evolved into this. Like we just disagreed on where things should be printed.

Just for the contrast, and maybe a good deed for the day, here's a 10 minute youtube speech that actually has a couple of ideas in it. And some humor.

Man that speech was awesome. I remember watching it live. I'll try to focus on family, religion(Luke 1:37), and Greenbay Packers. :)

hahaha. I love it. It really shouldn't have evolved into this. Like we just disagreed on where things should be printed.

Not trying to give you any grief. I know it really isn't a big deal and getting it off of your chest is needed ... ;)

I would like to get some opinions on how others preflight and get information regarding his/her VFR flight.

Do you routinely read up the charts and maps and A/FD? Do you routinely Google and look up the airport/FBO website for pertinent information about the flight? Do you routinely do both?

Again, the information gathered is strictly about conducting the flight itself.

Thank you for your participation
I use Skyvector flight plan. Start with origin and destination then look for interesting airports in between.

Back