Need Sporty's SP-200 battery pack / tray (yeah, it's old but OK)

Pete Hildebrandt

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pete H
Hi all!

Looking for new or good SP-200 / JD-200 battery NICAD battery pack and/or Alkaline battery tray(s). Yup, it's old but still good. Regret losing AA battery tray a while back.

Who's got this kicking around? Searched the usual sources no luck right now.

Borrowed a A300 for now but want to get the SP-200 back up.
Thanks!

Pete

Was the old one disabled by the greenish/ blueish corrosion caused by leaking alkaline batteries? If yes, there is hope!

Was the old one disabled by the greenish/ blueish corrosion caused by leaking alkaline batteries? If yes, there is hope!
It's the NICAD battery pack gone bad, I'd love a AA Alkaline battery tray/holder! I'd like to find one or two and move away from rechargeables!

Switch to NiMH?
I like NiMH a lot more then NICAD, but when I pull out old AA alkalines that are "OK" and not dead, I use them in less demanding applications till they are totally dead. Kicker is, when batteries first set off a low bat warning, it's usually 1 or 2 cells that are worse then the rest, they're not matched as a set and don't load share equally. My tech guy showed me how he'd swap out 2 AA and replace with Lithium AA (nonrechargeables) that are actually 1.7 to 1.8V and not 1.5V. We transmitted into a RF power meter with a shielded dummy load and got .3W more signal then straight alkalines. But most radios could not tolerate ALL cells swapped with Lithium AA, since the total voltage would be way higher then radio "bias circuits" were designed for.

Last edited:
Take your old battery pack to a Batteries Plus or other battery store that can rebuild it. They have plastic welding equipment to do the job properly.

I’ve got a NOS empty case.

Back