need ideas!!!

judypilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Judy Parrish
Dear All,

One of my dean colleagues is trying to hire a faculty member, and has run into an unusual (to say the least) problem. The candidate's wife is extremely cool to the idea for the single reason that the last time they moved, the airline killed their pets and was unsympathetic, to say the least. Apparently, they do not want (or have the capacity to--see below) to transport their own pets.

They have 9 cats and a couple of dogs. The only way the wife will move is if someone flies the pets privately, so this would be from Athens, GA, to Pullman, WA.

Any ideas? I already suggested trying to find an alumnus with a company jet that needs to be shuttled from Georgia to Washington. Of course, there is chartering, but I actually couldn't find anything about chartering small jets or how much it would cost.

Judy

I actually couldn't find anything about chartering small jets or how much it would cost.
A lot! That looks to me like at least a $25,000 trip. If they could somehow arrange to do it on a deadhead leg it would be less.

three days in a motorhome with nine cats and two dogs ...

I do believe that was exactly what Dante had in mind when he was imagining the ninth circle of Hell. :eek:

But tell her I'd drive 'em for $3000.00, plus expenses! :D Serious offer!! :yes:

Thanks for the suggestions. Great minds think alike--the RV idea was mentioned on another forum.

Judy

1) Sell the cats to a Chinese restaurant. Two dogs are much more manageable.

2) Build a giant catapult...

propane is heavier than air, so the bubbles won't rise to the sky. Methane rises and will support the foam tower.

Well, Ken, I suppose you and the family can start eating beans.. :cheerswine:

Oh man, I love that show... That would have to be THE most fun job in the world!

Judy - Not sure if you're still looking for information on this, but ran across one of the "Joy of Flight" entries in an APOA e-pilot newsletter. They helped reunite a pet with its owner when it strayed from home. Nice thing is that in addition to being pilots, one is also a vet.

http://www.aopa.org/members/joyofflight/0706.html

Their organization's web page is at http://www.vetair.com/ . Basic page, but contact info is there. They may know of someone who can help in transporting pets on the route you need.

Leslie

Back