Need idea for New Years Eve place to fly

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
Turns out I don't have local obligations for New Years, so I'd like to fly within 600 - 700 nm of Atlanta to some city that would be interesting for my wife and me. I need an idea for somewhere with NYE fireworks (or equivalent), decent hotel, good restaurants, convenient airport with reasonable fuel costs, and not need to rent a car to get between these places. Probably would want to stay for two nights. Is there such a place? Ideas???

Tampa, my wife and I will be leaving for a cruise on the 31st. Please fly over and do a couple low passes/gun-runs. Royal Caribbean - Brilliance of the Seas. If your exceptionally good I'll get her to flash her enormous boobs at you from the balcony !

What about New Orleans, Bourbon street may have a good show or two to watch. I think it's about 500 miles from Atlanta. Should be plenty of airports/hotels to choose from. Flight time my guess would be less than 4 hours. Nice day of flying with lots of daylight to work around. Have fun.....:)

Last edited:
Key West is fun but bring a fat wallet!

I'll be doing the flyby for the Tampa Bay Bucs game on 1 Jan so I'll be "working" in Tampa that weekend.

Back