Need help with odd question

BananaHands

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Michael Johnson
Hello, I am reposting my question in this section, please let me know if this is unacceptable in any way.

I am working towards my manufacturing engineering certification and for my first project/presentation decided on the Beechcraft Bonanza as my subject, namely the wings.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find the weights of the wing assembly, main spar, or landing gear anywhere. Is there someone here who might be able to point me in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

hi mike, have you checked the service manual for this aircraft type by any chance?
I am not a bonanza expert, more in the piper area, for the piper arrows while known to be light in content, the service manual had a phenomenal level of detail that was useful for me.

Thank you for the reply, I will try to see if I can find a service manual online. Could you point me towards a Piper service manual just in case?
Mike

It’s unlikely you are going to find individual component weights. There would have been no reason for the manufacturer to spec them out for the general public. Certification only depended on the final weight, not the weight of each individual piece of structure.

sometimes components have a part number tag with serial number that sometimes has the weight on it but the components you describe it's not very likely. If an aircraft has an equipment list that came with it new there are weights listed there but those documents rarely survive years of use and multiple owners. Older airplanes didn't have them either.

Back