Need a third party disk management tool for Windows 10

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I had Best Buy build up a new computer and install Windows 10 on it. I needed a second go-around with them to get Windows installed on the drive of my choice, and the C drive has some partitions that Windows disk management won’t let me touch, and I’d like to get rid of them. Partition Magic doesn’t work past XP.

EaseUS Partition Master

the C drive has some partitions that Windows disk management won’t let me touch, and I’d like to get rid of them.
If they are EFI and recovery, you might want to leave those alone.

Thanks all. I have a laptop that’s in use until I get the PC properly configured, and don’t mind reinstalling Windows if necessary. There’s no data on the PC now. And recovery has never really worked for me.

I bit the bullet and after backing up my disk, I reinstalled Windows. I got rid of the partitions on the boot drive and after installing Windows created partitions for virtual memory and L2 cache on my NVME drive.

It took longer to install the updates and applications than it took to do the initial installation. I get a little better each time I go through this. DriverUpdate is worth its price, and then some.

I can install any flight models that won’t install in Program Files in AppData. Also, I couldn’t install Windows 7 without pulling the NVME out, and it’s under my GPU.

Back