Need a tailwheel ferry pilot

coloradobluesky

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
coloradobluesky
Nice, modern, in annual, 2 seat 1998 tailwheel, certified aircraft. Philadelphia area to Denver area 1300NM. Need ferry pilot, obviously with the necessary FAA paperwork and at least 50 hours of tailwheel time.

Sorry if this isn't the place to post this. Just trying to find someone.

PM sent. What type of aircraft and dates?

Last edited:
Please spell out make, model and mechanical condition. There's a very very sharp high time guy at the airport, AP who flew mine to Arizona from Baltimore, an award winning taylorcraft. Owns a 100 hp cub he rebuilt, on and on. But he's picky what he flys. Don't blame him.( he also flys a 150 Citabria a lot)

Last edited:
I do that kind of stuff... brought a Cessna 120 to Texas from Florida with a customer just about three weeks ago.

Ryan

Be careful who you hire to ferry your plane. Those who just want to build tail wheel time you don't want. Look under trade-a-plane for ferry pilots look for insured ferry pilot it might cost a little more but you will get the plane in good shape or if something goes wrong the cost of the plane. I am not saying that you might not find someone to ferry your plane with no problems but should it get ground looped and total the plane your going to want to hold someone responsible for it.:popcorn:

I can't solve all my problems in a public forum. All that stuff.....

Insurance is the easy part, you simply have the buyer insure him for the trip. Not a problem if he has a lot of hours in taildraggers as the fellow who flew mine had. ( over 1000 hours) he took his time, it took three days, ( in a 65 hp taylorcaft) he charged a grand plus expenses)) I thought it was reasonable! That's a boring ride in that airplane. Not very comfortable either after a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Be careful who you hire to ferry your plane. Those who just want to build tail wheel time you don't want. Look under trade-a-plane for ferry pilots look for insured ferry pilot it might cost a little more but you will get the plane in good shape or if something goes wrong the cost of the plane. I am not saying that you might not find someone to ferry your plane with no problems but should it get ground looped and total the plane your going to want to hold someone responsible for it.:popcorn:

The BUYER holds someone responsible, not the seller. The seller has been paid, his insurance cancelled and the check has cleared the bank. That is unless you believe in fairy tales. I've always done it this way. I'm not much of a gambler.

Got well over 1200 tailwheel but lack the time for the mission right now, maybe in a few months.

If you need a easy option call up AG-Flight, 229-246-8200. They are a AG school (crop dusting) in GA, so all their CFIs have major tailwheel, their students have a few hundred hours by the time they complete the course and are very much on the ball.

New CPL with a few hundred tailwheel or maybe if one of their multi thousand CFI would take it?

Back