Need a flight buddy for long trip???

Lburrus

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Lburrus
I'm needing to get from Houston (Hobby or any airport in area) to San Luis Obispo, Ca (or surrounding airport) March 20-25, 2014; dates are flexible. I have a job interview on either of the 2 dates: March 21st or March 24th. I can help split the cost if needed. Please let me know if your willing to help!

Can't help you on the flight, but I just wanted to say that I personally would find it a little too risky to depend on GA to get to a job interview halfway across the country.

If it's worth traveling that far, it's probably worth just buying that airline ticket.

Good luck on the interview!

And it's a lot cheaper n why would someone want to pay so much to just go on a long cross country for someone's interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you a licensed pilot or simply a hitchhiker?

This may not be the best method of travel.
For me, that would be a 12 hour flight and $600 in fuel each way.

1. If you're that flexible in your travel dates, take the bus. It's cheap.

2. If you have the money to pay half of the cost of a GA flight for that distance, which is considerable, by a ticket on Southwest. It will be considerably cheaper.

3. How are you going to get back if the interview doesn't go your way? If they ask you questions regarding basic planning and logistics principles, you're already hosed.

4. If you get the job and you aren't coming back, how are you going to get your personal possessions? (unless of course they fit within one plastic trash bag, but if so you're unlikely to be able to foot the bill for air travel to begin with.) You're probably better of just driving your VW bus to SLO. It's only a day and a half and it's a nice drive.

5. Do you have a credible US passport, or do you intend on travelling with your Iranian one?

:rolleyes:

Last time I checked you don't need a passport to travel inside the US.

:rolleyes:

Last time I checked you don't need a passport to travel inside the US.

Someone please tell that to the nice folks in the US Virgin Islands.

Travel ads / brochures - "No Passport required to come here!"
DHS/TSA - "Passport, please"

Me; now on yet another list....

Since I'm bored at work, I got you a quote.

Gas - 12 hrs @ 10 gph = 120 gal (x2 for round trip)

240gal x $6.00 = $1440

Assume 4 days minimum - that would be $2000 for a CFII rate, plus per diem.

SWA 461 departs Hobby and arrives 3.5 hours later into LAX. = $588 round trip for the 24th.

Even if you find a pilot heading to Cali who would split gas and not bill you for time, its still going to run over $700 plus getting the crap beaten out of you over the Sierras.

Is there a hidden agenda? Trying to build time? Drug mule?

For an intelligent (and now informed) person, the decision should be a no brainer. Good luck on your interview.

I think he was just looking for someone who was going that way and wanted company. It was a long shot, but it looks like it didn't pan out.

If the job was worth moving for, then the employer should believe you are worth a plane ticket on their dime for the interview. Otherwise, if that is where you want to live, then just move and take whatever job comes up...

Try boarding a domestic flight as a visiting foreigner without one.

Who said he is a visiting foreigner? By the way I was once a "visiting foreigner" on a non-immigrant visa and I got a DL no problem...

:rolleyes: squared

Well as an Iranian I find it offensive. Get it? :no:

Well whatever, get over it. I don't get offended by Hitler jokes. My point being is that if you're a visiting foreigner, you normally don't have a US driver license. I mean yeah, there are other forms of acceptable ID, but a passport is generally preferred.

Well whatever, get over it. I don't get offended by Hitler jokes. My point being is that if you're a visiting foreigner, you normally don't have a US driver license. I mean yeah, there are other forms of acceptable ID, but a passport is generally preferred.

Holy crap you're German??? Omg!!!!

/derail

I thought the passport thing was funny.

I'm over it :D. Let's get back to the Hitler jokes.

...I can't believe this thread is still going. I love how post #20 thinks it derailed. Um, I think you were about 18 posts to late.

Technically, of Austrian decent way back but it's close enough.

Good too because we are still trying to figure out the Malaysian descent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back