Need a ferry pilot

Johnarrow303

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
arrow303
Just bought 1955 Beechcraft f35 bonanza located in Dekalb Ill. It had a gear up landing but has had a new prop installed, and repairs made ready to fly. Im trying to get it to Platte Valley airport in Hudson Colorado. The bonanza has no Radio's.. im in the process of getting my license and just don't feel comfortable enough to fly by myself. I can meet someone to ferry the plane or you can ferry it by yourself.
I would like to get it back asap.
Thanks

Hi John ,
I'm Daniel.Zhou, I'm a Bonanza F33A owner live in Florida ,I willing to help ferry your airplane back home, I've got 400 hours in the F33A , and 160+hours in the past 12 months , Call me or text me 772-563-7441 , thanks

Good luck with your new plane! You must've got quite a deal to buy such a project...

I'd consider doing it, depending on how soon you need it and the condition of the airplane. I own an F35 and have a fair amount of time in bonanzas and barons.

Just my opinion, but I would choose a pilot and instructor for an early bonanza a bit more carefully than I would for the later model planes. They have some quirks that a person ought to know about prior to flying. They're not a big deal but the average instructor, pilot, or mechanic probably isn't going to know about them.

I'm a professional pilot with about 100 hours in various bonanza types. 3 years of experience in alaska and am currently flying a PC12. Send me a PM if interested. I would love to do this flight.

Mmmmmm... just a new prop? What about the engine?

Mmmmmm... just a new prop? What about the engine?

There is no requirement to do anything with the engine.

But, that is why I made my conditional offer earlier. Before I get in the plane I'd want to have a talk with the mechanic that did the work on it to see if I could get the story on what happened with the incident and get a feel for the overall condition of the plane.

But, that is why I made my conditional offer earlier. Before I get in the plane I'd want to have a talk with the mechanic that did the work on it to see if I could get the story on what happened with the incident and get a feel for the overall condition of the plane.

What engine is in the airplane?

What engine is in the airplane?

Good question, but neither a Lycoming or Continental require a real inspection, as so many like to believe.

It is likely going to be a Continental E225, unless this plane has a conversion to something else on it.

I am available today, and I live in the denver area, so just one airline ticket. I am available the next few days.
Two14two89784six

No requirement...

I'd almost want to see if that mechanic would saddle up and fly in that plane for a cross country himself. Add to that the gutted radio stack, sounds like someone else already decided they didn't want to strap into that plane anymore.

Is this plane signed off, or is this being done on a ferry permit or something.

This would be a very expensive ferry flight if I were going to do it, risk to me and my cert based on how that plane was described, more risk = more $$, so between others jumping at it, I'm just going to say "I'm out" :)

This sounds like a Wentworth aircraft. They buy the salvage, strip the avionics out and then try to get a few shekels for what is left.

+1 on the comment about getting someone with old Bonanza experience. I have flown most all of the Bo's back to the C model. There are a lot of peculiarities, in the fuel system especially. They are often heavily modified as well.

Back