Near-miss / Runway Incursion Barcelona

From another article I read they said the runway was quite long and that there'd be enough room to land the aircraft on final before the one crossing the runway but then again, from the angle the video's shot from I could see why the final traffic would do a go-around.

Too bad the 10+ cars that come with 3' of hitting me at 80mph on the freeways every day on my drive home never make it in the news. And I'm serious. People have a serious lack of risk analysis and I think they'd be surprised what their driving looks like on camera and the physics involved.

OK, back to this thread :)

They had 525 feet of vertical seperation. They were not as close as the photo makes them appear.

Russian news (LifeNews.ru, I think), interviewed the UTair captain. He said that he expected the Airbus to hold short. Apparently he didn't understand that Argentinian jet was cleared to cross. When he saw it crossing, he initiated the go-around. He said also that go-arounds are fairly routine, etc. etc.

They weren't "danger close" but it was still a dangerous incursion. If the pilot on final hadn't been paying attention it had a lot of potential. Once cleared to land, the runway belongs to him (at least here in the US), tower definitely screwed the pooch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back