NBAA anyone?

Anybody going to the NBAA show in Atlanta in a couple of weeks?
I had forgotten it was even here. At least it won't make for a crowded town, that weekend. Never go where they may be having a Catholic youth convention!

When are the dates?

Anybody going to the NBAA show in Atlanta in a couple of weeks?

September 25–27, 2007, Georgia World Congress center and Fulton County Airport.

http://web.nbaa.org/public/cs/amc/

I went to the one in Orlando on 9/11/02.
We flew in a 182 from Atlanta just to thumb our noses at OBL and company.
A great show, we had free tickets, and believe me, thats was the ONLY way I could go. They sold for $100++++ IIRC.
It was amazing how much effort the manufacturers go to to get their show spaces set up. Even trucking in whole planes or full size mockups. Cessna had a three story office/booth/sales office to "take pre-orders on the Mustang". Some Formula 1 driver ordered his the day we were there.
Love ot go, but can't swing a ticket who's price would buy that much 100LL.

Last edited:
Was originally planning on going, but had to cancel it a month or two ago due to my dad's upcoming surgery. I hope to make NBAA 2008 in Orlando next year, I had a lot of fun down there last year.

My airport (actually the County Industrial Development Authority/Chamber of Commerce) will have a booth there. I think I'm scheduled to man it one day. I hope there's some time to look around...I'll be like a kid in the candy store!

Any way to score reduced-price (*cough* free *cough*) passes to that?

I could be tempted to play hooky for a day and think about airplanes. :)

-Rich

I plan to be there all day Wednesday. Anyone else plan to be there then?

Not on Wednesday, Lance, but might wander down on Thursday.

I noticed this weekend on the registration page, Thursday's onsite admission appears to be free: "Thursday Only Registration - Free". I think it has something to do with the 100th anniversary of flight in Georgia.

-Rich

I signed up for the freebie on Thursday. I drifted around downtown Atlanta tonight making a few deliveries. Given some of the driving, I think it may have been more suitable if it was solid fog and all vehicles were equipped with a GPS and HSI. :)

I did get to talk with a guy from L3 Communications at one of the Kinkos. He told me they are developing a CVR for light aircraft that would video the panel and pilot's actions as well as record voice for thirty minutes. Very interesting!

Wow, that was depressing -- looking at a bunch of planes I'll never be able to afford. And fancy LCD avionics that are probably worth more than my plane.

But I did score some Flitz samples to polish the spinner with, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. :rolleyes: Anyone ever try it?

-Rich

Back