Navy SJN / AT6 Ride?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
My mother in law clipped out an ad from the local paper for War Bird Rides. She has asked me if I want a ride in an SJN for my birthday this week. It looks like fun but $195 for 15 minutes sounds rather steep. I'm sure it costs a pretty penny to maintain these birds but I'm thinking how much further that $$ could go if it were spent on some other GA type gift.

Were these the birds with the wing spar issue?

What are your thoughts is the ride really worth $195 for 15 min? Here is the website.

http://www.geocities.com/wwiiwarbirdrides/index.html

AdamZ said:
My mother in law clipped out an ad from the local paper for War Bird Rides. She has asked me if I want a ride in an SJN for my birthday this week. It looks like fun but $195 for 15 minutes sounds rather steep. I'm sure it costs a pretty penny to maintain these birds but I'm thinking how much further that $$ could go if it were spent on some other GA type gift.

What are your thoughts is the ride really worth $195 for 15 min? Here is the website.

15 minutes with no aerobatics? Probably not IMO. But I'd give serious consideration to the 30 minute ride with aerobatics for $365. Ya gotta admit, the T-6 is a classic.

AdamZ said:

About 1/3 the price of a ride in the local museum's P-51, so probably not out of line.

Have fun.

AdamZ said:

I dunno. I'm still trying to figure out one myself: I have the opportunity to get a 45-minute P-51 ride in a couple of weeks, for $900. :hairraise:

I know, for a P-51 that's a bargain.

I'm still trying to decide if I can afford to. I'm also trying to decide if I can afford not to! :dunno:

That'd go a long way towards a 396 (or more likely, all the way plus to a new Street Pilot 2820) or school or any number of things. :dunno:

I paid $300 for a 1/2 hour ride about 10 years ago. It was their "ACE" package of which got me about 10 minutes stick time and about 10 minutes aero. Paid extra for the video and also the POH.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Also paid $350 for a 1/2 hour ride in a B17 (EAA's Aluminum Overcast) which is coming to an airport near me so maybe I'll do it again this summer.
So, I got more money than brains but then, a couple of nickels will do that to me.

Back