Nav data expired in the future.

JOhnH

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I updated my Nav data chip for my 530w yesterday (using my new Bad Elf Wombat) but when I booted the unit today it said the Nav data expired in June 2021.

everything seems fine but what do I need to check? I emailed Bad Elf but they usually take a few days to respond. I’m around 2,000 miles from home in the Rocky Mountains.

Try restarting it. Also make sure to wait until it gets a valid fix in case the time needs to be updated from the satellites.

I haven't been keeping track of database cycle dates... Is this a database that is not yet current?

The current cycle expires tonight. Think you have the right answer from Lou and mondster.
Yep. I believe they are right. I just never noticed it say that before. Of course, I don’t usually update early. I did it this time because we weren’t planning to fly till tomorrow but we checked out of our hotel early because the weather was looking worse in the mountains tomorrow.

Totally coincidentally, I literally intentionally did the same thing about 4 hours ago just to see what it would say. Yes, it says it's Expired in June.

The Navdata cycle doesn't start until Thursday morning at 0900Z. So your database for the next cycle is not usable until then (you can't use it early). Well, I mean the unit will display it and function normally, but it's not legal to use it for IFR navigation until the cycle is in effect.

You you downloaded it too early. Tomorrow is the cycle day, and it’ll be fine :)

I updated my Nav data chip for my 530w yesterday (using my new Bad Elf Wombat) but when I booted the unit today it said the Nav data expired in June 2021.

everything seems fine but what do I need to check? I emailed Bad Elf but they usually take a few days to respond. I’m around 2,000 miles from home in the Rocky Mountains.
You’re in the neighborhood and didn’t tell us? We have’t had a POA lunch/dinner since Mark was here...2 years ago? Or more. With the monkey.

Back