NASA Takes Delivery of First All-Electric Experimental Aircraft

In other news:

In other news:

The comparison to a helicopter is a joke. Obviously a full size helicopter is going to be louder than a small electric RC aircraft. They used one (B206) that isn’t exactly known for being quiet either. Get a little C2 Cabri with a Fenestron tail rotor and you’ll see the helicopter will be far more quiet than a full sized Kittyhawk.

Last edited:
In other news:
This is the first aircraft of this type I haven't found ugly.. actually, I LOVE the way it looks. Those forward swept wings are sick.

The comparison to a helicopter is a joke. Obviously a full size helicopter is going to be louder than a small electric RC aircraft. They used one (B206) that isn’t exactly known for being quite either. Get a little C2 Cabri with a Fenestron tail rotor and you’ll see the helicopter will be far more quiet than a full sized Kittyhawk.
Yeah I didn't get that comparison either. Mooney's next promotional should feature how the Ovation is quieter than an F16, "but both are fast in their class, so the comparison is valid!"

I must be ignorant about some symbolism in the name, but why would you have "heavy" in the name of any aircraft unless it were a jumbo jet?

The comparison to a helicopter is a joke. Obviously a full size helicopter is going to be louder than a small electric RC aircraft. They used one (B206) that isn’t exactly known for being quiet either. Get a little C2 Cabri with a Fenestron tail rotor and you’ll see the helicopter will be far more quiet than a full sized Kittyhawk.

Yes, I was like, WTF, on that. Took a big bite out of their credibility for me. Love the narrator's voice, though.

Back