Narco MK-12D function question

GW172

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
GW172
Wondering if someone can enlighten me as to the function of the slide switch on the aft of the Narco MK-12D. I've looked on-line in several Narco MK-12D manuals but haven't seen any reference to it. I had to pull my radios recently and upon reinstalling, I had xmit issues with one of them. When I pulled it to troubleshoot, noticed that this slide switch wasn't fully engaged in one of the 3 positions and so matched it to the 2nd radio (MS-1) position and xmit issue was fixed but wondering what the switch actually does..... This is my first post, so I have tried to attach a photo (not sure if it will be visible in the thread or not, but the switch has 3 possible positions (MS-1 T, (a blank position in the middle), Other). Thanks.

Attachments

• narco mk12d rear.jpg
    narco mk12d rear.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 41
edit .did not see the photo before i posted that is a old arc replacement do not know. call a radio shop they will know

Last edited:
Not sure if this gives you the detail you want but it might offer some guidance.

View attachment 50663
Thanks SkyDog58! Totally answers the question.... So it must drive the pin-outs and their interaction with the rack and in AC wiring to the correct configuration. Appreciate the assistance!

Back