Want To Buy Narco 12D w/glideslope

Dave Arata

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Looks like I may need a different version Narco 12D to install a VOR w/glideslope in my Cessna 150. Hoping someone may have one they are willing to well so I can update the little Cessna to finish IFR training.

Dave - I'll be going into the Avionics shop hopefully Monday Sept 17th at which point I can get it for you. Not all the digits light up as well as they could (and the price will reflect that), but otherwise it's working. If you don't find one in a couple weeks please PM me and we can work something out for it.

I very much appreciate the offer. How difficult are the "as well as they could" to see? How much are you interested in selling the radio for?

I wonder if that would work with a Narco radio? I sent an e-mail inquiring.

AFAIK the MK-12D was marketed as a slide in replacement for certain ARC radios, that would imply that it would work with an existing ARC GS receiver

I very much appreciate the offer. How difficult are the "as well as they could" to see? How much are you interested in selling the radio for?
I'll get you a picture of the radio here shortly. As far as price, well I haven't done much research on it but after seeing the pictures we can discuss it if you're still interested.

AFAIK the MK-12D was marketed as a slide in replacement for certain ARC radios, that would imply that it would work with an existing ARC GS receiver

I was thinking the same, but I want to be sure. That could make for a simple enough solution.

I have a remove glideslope receiver that was connected to my old Narco MK-12D, also have the indicator to go with it. You'd have to do your own wiring of course but would be happy to sell them inexpensively.

I was thinking the same, but I want to be sure. That could make for a simple enough solution.

There is a lot of wiring involved, not as much as a new radio but it's not plug and play.

Agreed, adding an older Narco glideslope will not be a plug&play installation. It's doable, and the manuals are available online, but will take some work.

I believe what I have is the Narco VOA-9 indicator and UGR-2 or UGR-3 glideslope receiver. You can wire it up into your existing Narco radio. Was working when removed from my 172 early this summer. I'd take $200 shipped in CONUS.

That remote glideslope will receiver will work with 12D radios with the handle below the radio per Bennet. I may go with one of theirs, but I've also found numerous Narco units (UGR-2 and UGR-3) for less than $50.00. I need to do a little more research on compatibility.

Which model mk12d do you have? Ours was one with a handle.

Let me know if I can help with the indicator + receiver, happy to let them go cheap as they are really just sitting in a box in the corner since we replaced the mk-12d with an sl30.

Which is another thing I'd suggest looking in to. We decided not to invest in updating the old mk12d and replaced it with a nice condition used garmin sl30. We used a G5 as the indicator for it via the serial port, much less wiring.

And as always, thanks for your great support at EI! :)

Back