Name the airport?

The one with the ski area is Courchevel (sp?), France, I think.

I'll take ................ PLACES TO NOT LAND WITH A TAILWIND...... for 100K Greg. :D

Cool pics............ thanks.

The one with the ski area is Courchevel (sp?), France, I think.
Agreed.

The airport with half of the runway on bridge pilings is Funchal, on the Portugese island of Madeira (LPMA).

The Britten-Norman Islander with French registration, and the CASA in the prior photo, are landing at St. Barthelemy in the Caribbean (TFFJ).

There is one photo (the island paradise that appears partially in sunlight, partially in cloud shadow) of the amazing Princess Juliana Airport on St. Maarten (TNCM) in the Netherlands Antilles.

-- Pilawt

I want to land on the one with all the sailboats in the bay/lagoon. And then live there.

I saw our friends from Mountainaire in there also.

and Hong Kong I believe.

That was totally awesome, Greg. Sure makes me want to do more flying to cool places in the world.

Now, I know what airports I want to shoot for if I win the lotto. :goofy:

Am I having FUN ?? Or what ??

Thanks again nfor all your help

Dig the nerw nickname

Bear Cat Bob

Hee Hee

and isn't one of those airports that one in Lynchburg, VA - Falwell airport (W24)? It has a really high ski-jump end to it, seems like ...

#2 looks like Quito, Ecuador. I'll have to dig out some photos I have from Telefériqo aerial tram, looking down (way down - 2000 meters down) on the airport.

I'm fairly certain #2 isn't GRU. I just arrived at GRU this morning and the terminal is larger and shaped differently. However, I had an aisle seat on a 767 and the guy with the window seat was doing a good job of blocking the window, so my view wasn't the best.

There was a USAF C-17 parked on the ramp. The prez coming down here?

Ghery - Quito Mariscal Sucre is GRU? It was way dark and foggy when we flew in last year - close enough that they thought we were going to divert to Guayaquil.

Anyway, what are you doing in Quito? My son's girlfriend is from there - we spent a week there last year - beautiful country!

Ghery - Quito Mariscal Sucre is GRU? It was way dark and foggy when we flew in last year - close enough that they thought we were going to divert to Guayaquil.

Anyway, what are you doing in Quito? My son's girlfriend is from there - we spent a week there last year - beautiful country!

GRU is Sao Paulo, Brazil. The international airport. Prez Bush is visiting tomorrow and Friday. He's staying at the Hilton Hotel in the same complex that my meetings were in today and will be tomorrow. I expect tomorrow to be an absolute zoo. Fortunately I won't have to go near there on Friday getting back to the airport for my 10:50 PM flight to IAD to connect to a flight to SEA, getting home around 11 AM on Saturday. Too bad I can't stick out my thumb and catch a lift on AF1. I'm sure it would be a lot more comfortable than one of United's 767s (sorry, Greg).

Back