Name that boat!

Matthew K

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Broke Engineer
Excuse the poor photo quality, this was taken from shore and the boats quite a distance from shore. There's an airforce base not far from where this was taken. Any thoughts? Screenshot_20200930-124143.png

It's not a boat...

It's just mostly submerged.

Sandcrawler.jpg

That's what I'm going with. Part of the class of Littoral Combat Ships. Only reason I'm familiar with the class is due to one of the LCS models being the USS Tulsa which the made a big deal about locally.
You guys are awesome. That's definitely what it is. Now to do some reading on it :)

Excuse the poor photo quality, this was taken from shore and the boats quite a distance from shore. There's an airforce base not far from where this was taken. Any thoughts?

North Korean ballistic missile sub, demonstrating the effectiveness of its' above-water camouflage.

Last edited:
...which was renamed to RRS Sir David Attenborough.

One of the AUV's was then given that name.

Still one of the best backfires of a publicity stunt, lol. I bet they won't use a public poll to determine the ship names in the future.

Still one of the best backfires of a publicity stunt, lol. I bet they won't use a public poll to determine the ship names in the future.

What was funny is after they made the decision to name it the sir David Attenborough there was a petition that went around requesting that sir David Attenborough change his name to boaty mcboatface in the interest of democracy and humor.

I'm guessing you are on the Florida Gulf Coast. We saw it during a vacation to the Pensacola area, it was just off shore the whole week.

That's not a boat or a ship...

This is a ship....

Back