• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I admit it. I have trouble with names. Perhaps others share this. Therefore I suggest name tags for all. Could we have something at the flight line to get as soon as we land?

I admit it. I have trouble with names. Perhaps others share this. Therefore I suggest name tags for all. Could we have something at the flight line to get as soon as we land?
Lance, I just bought some more today. They will be out at the flight line. Sheri has volunteered to take care of making sure they are available to everyone.

the year I went I made up some a/c info sheets to stick in on the glareshield,
who, where, dist, some airplane details

Psh. Everyone knows who I am!!

Your's I can remember, but like you names just don't stick in my head very well. Nametags might save me some embarrassment.

Your's I can remember, but like you names just don't stick in my head very well. Nametags might save me some embarrassment.

We know Mooney Lance vs. Twin Lance. After that, well, there's Diana and Tom, Nick, Steve, Bruce, Chip, Ken and Gil...

My main problem is the sticky on tags doesn't work for me. I suppose I won't be the only one that will be a little damp. I'll spring for a box of pin-on badge holders.

Last edited:
Well............. Diana and I came up with another plan to help with the name thing. It's completely self serving on my part, as sadly............. I have the short term memory of a gnat. The plan is to take pictures of everyone as they arrive, print them on my newly acquired picture printer thingy, write names and N#s on the borders, and post them on a sudo bulletin board on the flight line. That way, if you can't remember the name of someone that happens to be anti name tag, or, I flake out on my name tag duty, you can look at the board and avoid the dreaded "hey you", and or the "what's that guys name again?"

We know Mooney Lance vs. Twin Lance. After that, well, there's Diana and Tom, Nick, Steve, Bruce, and Gil...
We don't want to forget that several people joining us at Gaston's aren't from PoA, or from any of the aviation forums.

My main problem is the sticky on tags doesn't work for me. I suppose I won't be the only one that will be a little damp. I'll spring for a box of pin-on badge holders.
Sounds good. I priced those today and decided to buy the sticky ones. :)

As long as Leslie and I are together, or Leslie is aloone, no one has any trouble with us. Me alone?.... Or me trying to remember anyone else?......

Nametage are a GO!

Clip-on, not pin-on.

I'll bring some clip-on badge holders. Not enough for a huge crowd, but some...

I will bring some holders that hang around your neck. I have em from trade shows.

Yes on the name tags. I think I still have some around the neck badge holders from past meetings. Now...where did I put those things???

why not stick ons?

...they'll last about 45 minutes in the heat / sweat / humidity / hugs (especially from Diana) / G-forces.

Clip, pin or hang- only way to go.

I think name tags are a good idea. This will be my first attendance and I don't want to have to address anyone by tall guy, bald guy or beard guy:D

I think name tags are a good idea. This will be my first attendance and I don't want to have to address anyone by tall guy, bald guy or beard guy:D

Yeah, EdFred gets tired of hearing, "Oh, there's the psychopath..." :D

(cringes in anticipation of the reply shot...)

I don't care. It's been a long time since I've found "Sorry I don't remember your name, I'm Joe" embarassing at all. I say it all the time.

Joe

I'll wear one of my coach's shirts that has my name across my back. Then people will KNOW who they're stabbing!!

Oh wait, they're black. :(

Name tags are a good ideas as I've not yet met most of you, in person anyway.

I like the idea of name tags, when you get to be my age you still have a good memory but it is sure short. I will welcome all the name tags you can get I am really looking forward to this get together. And a ride in Dianas pretty airplane. I hope her and her plane are not to tired to give me that ride. Bob.:yes:

I will welcome all the name tags you can get I am really looking forward to this get together. And a ride in Dianas pretty airplane. I hope her and her plane are not to tired to give me that ride. Bob.:yes:
I'm looking forward to flying with you Bob. :yes: Don't know how pretty the airplane is with all the bugs on it right now. :D

I am not wearing a name tag! :no:

Seeing my name doesn't help most people say it anyway :)

Call me anything y'all like, just don't call me late for dinner.

I am not wearing a name tag! :no:

Seeing my name doesn't help most people say it anyway :)

Call me anything y'all like, just don't call me late for dinner.

Eamon: be real.

Not everyone is a legend, like you are.

I figure if you can't remember my name after I say hello, I'm not worth knowing to you. Of course the reverse is true as well.

I figure if you can't remember my name after I say hello, I'm not worth knowing to you. Of course the reverse is true as well.

So, this would make your name, "Mr. Congeniality"?? :p ;) :D

Back