NA Yahoo mail

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Anyone look at their mail on Yahoo's mail site?
I need to set it up so that anyone who writes me has their address automatically added to my contacts.

I have their help link but there is no "Settings Menu Icon" or, 'gear' anywhere on any of the mail pages.
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN5398.html

do you mean this?

upload_2017-12-19_16-29-9.png

not sure you'd want anyone sending YOU mail to be added, as that would add spam addresses, etc..

Yahoo drove me away years ago with all their intrusive advertising, limited ability to remove some of their linked sites, liberal news and tremendously poor spam filtering.

I thought I was the only one that used Yahoo email for that purpose, haha.

My 'real' email address is my work account, but I'm putting increasing reliance on my Hotmail account for important personal email. I've had that the longest. I was like one of the first five hundred people to sign up when it was still independent of Microsoft.

it kinda looks like ur accessing yahoo mail thru the at&t portal? I dunno whatchoo's doin homie.

Yahoo.com
then click
"Mail"
Sign in if needed
Takes me to inbox sans gear, sans settings.
:(

Upper right, do you see HOME , YOUR NAME . & GEAR symbol? If you do, click on the GEAR symbol , then click SETTINGS, menu opens, then click on WRITING EMAIL . To the right check 'automatically add to contacts'

I’m still using AOL,a little behind the tech curve.

Upper right, do you see HOME , YOUR NAME . & GEAR symbol? If you do, click on the GEAR symbol , then click SETTINGS, menu opens, then click on WRITING EMAIL . To the right check 'automatically add to contacts'

No, I do not see those OPTIONS.
The GEAR symbol, SETTINGS do not appear in BASIC - you have to switch to ATT new email to see that.
See screenshot above; No GEAR!
Thanks for following my issue!

People still use Yahoo Mail?
I use it because it's the email service that my ISP has a contract with, and I've never had sufficient reason to change to justify the hassle of making sure everyone had the new address. It's not perfect, but it's familiar, and the spam filter works pretty well.

Back