[NA]Why does it hurt soo much!?[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Winter flu season is here, I mean right here. Inside me.
Sinuses/nasal passages feel scorched by acetylene torches, then filled with expanding 300psi foam.
Muscles, like deep bruises all over. Back is a spasm of crippling pain. Sweats, headache, dizziness.
The bug laughs at typical cold remedies. Normally a half dose benadryl will knock out the itchiness, sneeze-wannabes, put me to sleep - and the decongestants will take away the grand piano from my head, replacing it with a more tolerable upright. Not this one. The pain medicine must all be placebos (acetom., asa, ibuprofen...at different times). The only relief in the last 12 hrs was a low dose hydrocodone.
I did get some relief from the prolonged hot shower. And this whiny monologue! Next up, brandy and hot chocolate.

dont worry, all meds used in this national emergency were at correct levels and not mixed inappropriately

Ugh. I was one of the first in the community to get the H1N1 (the huge hospital somehow got priority just as the crest was hitting. 2 weeks later I work up on a saturday with the post bronchitic dry hack. No prodrome, not a ache, and just three days of dry hack.

So my interpretation is that it modified the course of disease.

It really just depends on whether you trust Ms. Sibelius' press releases. 60 million doses unused, the crest of the wave passed. Sigh.

Have a Brandy for me!

I have great empathy for anyone stricken. The H1N1 is the mostly the same bug that killed 18,000 in the USA in 1918.

Winter flu season is here, I mean right here. Inside me.
Sinuses/nasal passages feel scorched by acetylene torches, then filled with expanding 300psi foam.
Muscles, like deep bruises all over. Back is a spasm of crippling pain. Sweats, headache, dizziness.

Dang, Dave. You sound miserable.

Here....
16.gif

I have great empathy for anyone stricken. The H1N1 is the mostly the same bug that killed 18,000 in the USA in 1918.

Including my great grandmother. There's a personal touch...

Hope you're feeling better quickly, Dave.

homemade chicken soup followed by a nice, strong hot toddy.

Dave - so sorry to hear you're miserable!!! I sure hope you get better soon!

Have you tried oscillococcinum? (homeopathic - Walgreens, et al) ... helped relieve/reduce my (non H1N1) flu symptoms last time I was under the weather.

significant less head pain today, still no voice and sore throat, weak & inappetant
definitely cheerier, thanks for symp and tips.

Sorry to hear it Dave.
Something got me last week. Had sinus drainage and hack for about a week. Lost my voice for two days (which some folks greatly appreciated).

Better now. Hope it runs a short course with ya.

Best,

Dave

Back