• catheter

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
I drive around in a car all day which gives me alot of time to think of weird things.

Which would be better having a colostomy bag or catheter?

Sorry did I gross you out?

Obviously the catheter would be much better. You don't have to change your diet.

I knew a guy who found his colostomy bag quite useful one day when he was stuck in a business meeting that was running long. One intentional burp of his bag and that meeting was over real quick.

I'm not sure it matters. If I'm there at either one, it's pretty much over.

That's my thought too sac. Guy at work said he survived colon cancer. Um ok. Then tells me about having no *******.

Last year my colon randomly burst with 6" removed and I was slapped with a colostomy bag for four months. It was a really s#!tty four months!

While I went snowboarding with the thing and it "should" not be a major hinderance on lifestyle, it took WAY too much mental energy and planning on every minute of your life on how to deal with your crap of which you no longer have any control over.

For some it is a life saver and can be a relief of lifetime of symptoms, for me it just royally sucked while I healed before they could put me back together.

Catheter all day every day over that s#!t storm again!

...although my favorite line to use was "You are are royal pain in my a$$ but since my a$$ had been rendered inoperable it really doesn't matter!"

I would like to add the knowledge that once a colostomy bag is done it’s done. All you have to do is change the bag.
The catheter Has to be continually replaced, Namely by you. It will not be some cute wet nurse. You’ll have to sit there with that tube and decide when the moment is you’re gonna start shoving that up your wanger. And it’s a longer journey than you think.

I would like to add the knowledge that once a colostomy bag is done it’s done. All you have to do is change the bag.

Errrrr...I will have strongly disagree with you on this one. It can be a constant battle of leaks, skin irritations and challenges with getting the appliance to adhere to the skin to make a s#!t proof seal.

In a perfect world, yes...but the world is rarely perfect.

Still take the tube up the pecker.

I will ask the question this way...when things go wrong would you rather pee yourself or s#!t yourself?

Back