[NA]undeniable signs of aging[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I figured I was a cool dude, pretty open minded and all with purple hair, tattoos, piercings, alternative lifestyles, whatever (for other people).

Today a guy came in with painted fingernails. :hairraise:

That really creeped me out, I was thinking 'this dude needs a shrink' (and don't you dare touch me, even accidentally).

Others tell me that is now the norm, get used to it. Dang I feel old.

well my fingernails have looked "painted" for the last couple weeks from removing paint off the glider with MEK. Im slowly scratching it off...

I don't know about that. The mid-20s people I know are all pretty normal. Painted fingernails? My daughter, yes. My son and son-in-law? Not a chance. :D

I don't think that's norm. Not yet, anyway....

tonycondon said:
well my fingernails have looked "painted" for the last couple weeks from removing paint off the glider with MEK. Im slowly scratching it off...

Whatever dude. That was real fingernail paint. Nice excuse though.

Let'sgoflying! said:
I figured I was a cool dude, pretty open minded and all with purple hair, tattoos, piercings, alternative lifestyles, whatever (for other people).

That really creeped me out, I was thinking 'this dude needs a shrink' (and don't you dare touch me, even accidentally).

Sounds like you've never been in a Starbucks or Whole Foods in the city. I think any of the above is required to be hired.

Let'sgoflying! said:

Since I quit washing my hands in paint thinner, my nails (and fingers) are painted quite often.

Not new at all. My sister dated a guy that painted his nails.

I once let a girl paint my nails black in high school. It didn't go the way I hoped.

Goth's (and I presume Emos nowadays) have always painted their nails, but they also wear fishnets and dresses.

I suspect Dee Snyder painted his nails too :D

adjusting..... re-positioning new set-point.....adapting....
please someone tell me I won't have to adapt to men wearing miniskirts, lipstick and perfume at some future point!

Let'sgoflying! said:
adjusting..... re-positioning new set-point.....adapting....
please someone tell me I won't have to adapt to men wearing miniskirts, lipstick and perfume at some future point!
Men already wear perfume, we call it after shave to sound more manly. As for the skirts.... well...

http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php

http://www.utilikilts.com/store/models.php

I have seen some guys wearing these in the summer working on construction projects.

(coffee all over keyboard)

Last edited:
I wore red nailpolish on my hands for a week for $50 once. I was 18 and needed beer money...

Cheers,

-Andrew

I have worn an earring since 1978. At the time, it seemed to be rather shocking to people, although it's rather old hat now.

I was seeing this girl and she wanted me to meet her parents. We went over there for dinner, which went swimmingly. Afterward, her dad told her, "Well, he passes the personality test but he flunks the earring test."

And I know for sure that on one occasion it cost me a job offer.

Ken Ibold said:
I have worn an earring since 1978. At the time, it seemed to be rather shocking to people, although it's rather old hat now.
I think your earring is cool. :yes: But then, I'm an old hippie chic.

2 out of 50

Stud! You're a manly man! May I suggest some more contact sports like football?

I couldn't complete the quiz, as the choice of answers didn't include:

O Huh?

or

O Hell yeah

or

O Git'er done!

Let'sgoflying! said:

Painted nails on guys is an everyday sight in Austin. We even had a mayorial candidate with painted nails: http://www.austinexperience.com/scenes/scenes_leslie.html :yes:

I was faced with this choice myself last weekend. Racquetball tourney was cancelled. I had to go to a 'make up' game :hairraise: and didn't know what to wear!!

Right.

Dave

Back