NA There is stupid, then there is Massachusetts stupid.

PaulS

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
PaulS
So why did the guy get on the car. I love how he plays the victim. I’m sure he was wronged but why jump on top of car!!!
Last line the best” I wasn’t getting off that hood”
Lol

The “good samaritan” who had his gun out and pointed at the SUV is also an idiot. And in Massachusetts no less.

So why did the guy get on the car. I love how he plays the victim. I’m sure he was wronged but why jump on top of car!!!
Last line the best” I wasn’t getting off that hood”
Lol

I think they side swiped each other, sounds like they were going at it and hit each other. Then I think they stopped, Mr gray haired victim went berserk and smashed dumbass' windshield, dumbass started leaving, gray hair jumped on the hood and dumbass drove away trying to knock gray hair off at 70 mph. 2 or 3 people boxed dumbass in and stopped him, gray hair stood in front of dumbass who probably tried to run him down. So hero with a gun made dumbass get out of the car. The staties showed up, almost shot hero with a gun, sorted it out, hero with a gun was released and the two morons arrested. I think dumbass will be in big trouble.

The “good samaritan” who had his gun out and pointed at the SUV is also an idiot. And in Massachusetts no less.

It's actually pretty easy to get a concealed permit in Massachusetts, as long as you don't live in a city where you really need one. The hard part is figuring out which gun is legal with the convoluted laws complicated by an activist attorney general who has national aspirations.

Last edited:
The level of stupidity in this whole story is just mind boggling. Especially in this day of cell phone cameras and dash cams. If the older man was sideswiped by the younger man, get a photo of the license plate and turn it into your insurance company. Done. Not worth risking your life over a piece of bent metal. (Coming from a resident in what is likely the Road Rage state.)

Regardless of how the guy ended up on the hood of the SUV, his life was in danger. The driver was hitting speeds above 70 MPH.

It appears the guy with the CCW and three other cars boxed in the SUV and forced him to stop. If the CCW holder thought the situation demanded him to pull his gun, that's his prerogative. Review by the authorities will determine if he acted properly.

If this had happened in Texas, it would have been classified as a justified use. Someone's life was in danger due to illegal imprisonment, and the license holder removed the danger without firing the gun or endangering others. He didn't act like a wild west cowboy, his actions followed the intent and letter of the CCW law.

There was nothing "idiotic" about it.

Well, this is Massachusetts. My experience is that you only need two hands and a foot to drive there. One hand on the wheel, one hand on the horn and one foot on the gas. Good for the people who forced the idiot to stop.

Only in the commonwealth of. Massachusetts. Or taxachusetts.

Regardless of how the guy ended up on the hood of the SUV, his life was in danger. The driver was hitting speeds above 70 MPH.

It appears the guy with the CCW and three other cars boxed in the SUV and forced him to stop. If the CCW holder thought the situation demanded him to pull his gun, that's his prerogative. Review by the authorities will determine if he acted properly.

If this had happened in Texas, it would have been classified as a justified use. Someone's life was in danger due to illegal imprisonment, and the license holder removed the danger without firing the gun or endangering others. He didn't act like a wild west cowboy, his actions followed the intent and letter of the CCW law.

There was nothing "idiotic" about it.

I consider my CCW to be for the personal protection of myself and my family. It is not to act as pseudo LEO.

I disagree... what if the idiot made a move on him? What option would he have? Shoot him? Retreat? The car was stopped and blocked. He wasn’t going anywhere...The CCW escalated the situation prematurely.

With our activist attorney general in this state plus the publicity of this event the guy could still face some type of gun charge. I'm tending toward he really didn't need to pull his gun out, I have a feeling that Mr Gray hair revealed quickly that he was just as much at fault for the continuing drama as dumbass was. not some innocent victim he is trying to play.

I disagree... what if the idiot made a move on him? What option would he have? Shoot him? Retreat? The car was stopped and blocked. He wasn’t going anywhere...The CCW escalated the situation prematurely.
Agreed, i have a CCW in MO and under our laws that dude would go to jail. You can't "arrest" someone as a private citizen and It appears from the video as if the danger was already over before the moron pulled his gun...therefore he was under no threat of harm.

He wasn't a "hero" as the zealots will surely portray him as, he was tough-guy-thug zero.

I just want to be clear to those who may not detect sarcasm, but when I refer to the guy as "hero with a gun" I was being sarcastic, I don't think the gun was needed and if it wasn't needed it shouldn't have been brandished. I hope the news follows up on this story, it is intriguing on so many levels. I will say that the people who boxed the dumbass in were exceptional and probably saved the gray haired guy from serious injury or death.

With our activist attorney general in this state plus the publicity of this event the guy could still face some type of gun charge. I'm tending toward he really didn't need to pull his gun out, I have a feeling that Mr Gray hair revealed quickly that he was just as much at fault for the continuing drama as dumbass was. not some innocent victim he is trying to play.

The CCW man is not facing any charges. He was placed into custody when LEO arrived but was shortly released.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/01/25/driver-hood-suv-mass-pike-road-rage-video-arrests-weston/

Education != common sense. Never has.

Hope that’s not too political.

What is your metric for common sense? If one is going to be comparing populations and declaring one to be lacking in common sense as compared to the other, then one must have some kind of metric to use.

Hard to fully assess the situation from a video clip. Maybe the ccw holder felt that the driver was going to get out and be a threat to the hood rider.

Mass is multiple states. The Harvard yard types, Boston Brahmins and the Southie, Charlestown, Dorchester etc... The latter enjoy a good dust up. Go to the Western part of the state and everyone is too stoned to get excited.. Having said all that, everyone drives like maniacs. I worked my way through college as a messenger, learned some pretty intense ways to get through the traffic. I like it there, hurts my ears when the movies F-up the accent. Nicholson in The Departed was painful..

Mass is multiple states. The Harvard yard types, Boston Brahmins and the Southie, Charlestown, Dorchester etc...

You forgot Woooooooooooster, where the majority of the population are members of The Family.

Hard to fully assess the situation from a video clip. Maybe the ccw holder felt that the driver was going to get out and be a threat to the hood rider.
Doesn’t matter... no imminent threat of deadly force, which is the only time it is legal to pull your weapon. His behavior is classified as brandishing, and he can be held to account for it.

Doesn’t matter... no imminent threat of deadly force, which is the only time it is legal to pull your weapon. His behavior is classified as brandishing, and he can be held to account for it.
That's true in MO...have no idea if it's true in MA.

In Mass. I was told pull it out right before you aim and pull the trigger, I think gun man may have been pre-mature, but I wasn't there and who knows what dumbass was saying, it may have been justified.

Three of my kids and their spouses live in Boston.
I fear for my life, every time I have to drive there.
Minuteman, Beverly Regional, and sometimes Hanscom are my friends when I fly in, which isn't often enough.

I agree.

I agree with you. Just for clarity (at least in my training), the threat had to be imminent deadly force to you, a family member, or a loved one. If it’s not one of those above, a CCW holder has no authority or obligation to draw and engage.

According to state troopers the guy with the gun was instrumental in making the car stop.

Police said Fitzgerald continued to drive for two to three miles, reaching speeds as high as 70 mph with Kamrowski clinging to the hood.

Alarmed drivers tried -- and failed -- to get Fitzgerald to stop before the gun-toting mystery person finally brought the SUV to a halt, troopers added.

It appears he wasn't an idiot after all.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachu...d-on-turnpike-in-suspected-road-rage-incident

Three of my kids and their spouses live in Boston.
I fear for my life, every time I have to drive there.
Minuteman, Beverly Regional, and sometimes Hanscom are my friends when I fly in, which isn't often enough.
Lived here my whole life, it's really not that bad, people expect you to do certain things and will compensate when you do them, it's almost like chicken, but not really. What screws it up is when someone doesn't understand the nuance and hesitates or goes at the wrong time, that can get ugly. Rotaries are the worst, I hate it when I get behind an out of state car entering one.

When I was young I was driving with a cousin from Ohio in Worcester during rush hour. We were making a left turn and it was busy, there was a break in the traffic from the left so I pulled half way out. The other lane was locked solid slow moving traffic. The guy coming toward me from the left slowed and stopped, eventually someone let me into the other lane, all was good. I noticed my cousin cringing though, I asked "what's wrong?". He told me "don't ever do that in Ohio, they'll go into shock and run right into you".

I'm pretty well a MA lifer, but the driving is no longer for me. Fortunately there's a solution.

mbta-commuter-curve.png

I'm pretty well a MA lifer, but the driving is no longer for me. Fortunately there's a solution.

mbta-commuter-curve.png

That's nice for the little gray area in the map you show, everywhere else in the state you need to drive. But I am envious.

I agree with you. Just for clarity (at least in my training), the threat had to be imminent deadly force to you, a family member, or a loved one. If it’s not one of those above, a CCW holder has no authority or obligation to draw and engage.

That's going to depend on the state. Michigan's law allows for it to be less than deadly force, and it does not limit it to myself or family members. If I witness a rape in progress of a complete stranger, I am not obligated to draw and fire, but I am granted the authority to do so. in Michigan just drawing your weapon is generally permissible without charges being levied. Pointing at someone however ups the ante on whether there is imminent threat to death or grave bodily harm.

Back