NA The REAL National Champions NA

Bama has the bling. Again! Enough said. RTR!

So does UCF. Trophy, players' rings, coaches bonuses, and all the trimmings.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ions-block-party-mike-bianchi-0109-story.html

Declaring UCF as national champions is steeped in one of journalism’s most noble missions: “To comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.”

The afflicted is UCF — an incredible football team that did everything it could possibly do this season to at least be considered for a spot in the national playoff. The Knights were the only undefeated team in the country and the highest-scoring team in the nation and yet they were ignored by the College Football Playoff Cartel, er, Committee. What a sham that the committee put unbeaten UCF at No. 12 — five spots below three-loss Auburn — heading into the Peach Bowl.

The comfortable, of course, is the Power 5 conference commissioners who run college football and who have essentially deemed the Knights as unworthy and eliminated UCF and other non-Power 5 programs from ever qualifying for the national-championship playoff.

Too bad the 'bama championship has to be so tainted, ain't it?

GO KNIGHTS!

Tainted? We have the bling. UCF bought their phony participation trophy and all that other crap. Rest of the country laughs at UCF. See what happens in future years now that Frost left for Nebraska. Meanwhile Bama will still be attending and winning the playoffs. RTR!

Tainted? We have the bling. UCF bought their phony participation trophy and all that other crap. Rest of the country laughs at UCF. See what happens in future years now that Frost left for Nebraska. Meanwhile Bama will still be attending and winning the playoffs. RTR!

Sorry that sports coverage from ESPN down to local papers seems to be taking UCF's side, and all realize that a biased committee's opinion doesn't mean much against a perfect season record.

Anyone who believes that ucf could beat bama or georgia is delusional at best. I will go so far as to say, anyone who believes ucf could beat Auburn in a MEANINGFUL game is nuts. Ucf beat everyone on their schedule, congrats, you still only had one.....ONE win that means anything and that was against a team that so clearly didn't want to be there. Go ahead and hang your banners and have your parades and rings, they are worth about the same as the ones my kid gets at Chuck E, Cheese. There you go, ucf, winners of the Chuck E. Cheese national Championship

So does UCF. Trophy, players' rings, coaches bonuses, and all the trimmings.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ions-block-party-mike-bianchi-0109-story.html

Too bad the 'bama championship has to be so tainted, ain't it?

GO KNIGHTS!
The problem is, as soon as schools like UCF get "player's rings" and "coaches bonuses", the big schools poach those players and coaches.

If UCF wants to be recognized as a national champion, then they need to play a tougher schedule, and win. Period.

Anyone who believes that ucf could beat bama or georgia is delusional at best. I will go so far as to say, anyone who believes ucf could beat Auburn in a MEANINGFUL game is nuts. Ucf beat everyone on their schedule, congrats, you still only had one.....ONE win that means anything and that was against a team that so clearly didn't want to be there. Go ahead and hang your banners and have your parades and rings, they are worth about the same as the ones my kid gets at Chuck E, Cheese. There you go, ucf, winners of the Chuck E. Cheese national Championship

How's that SEC kool-aid taste, Mike? 'bama won an SEC playoff game, nothing more. Enjoy calling it a "national" championship if you like; the world knows the truth.

:)

(Note to late-coming thread spectators: my heart and allegiance belong to my alma mater Ga Tech. But I'm also a UCF alum, and it sure is fun to tweak UA and U(sic)GA sycophants. Now back to regular programming...)

How's that SEC kool-aid taste, Mike? 'bama won an SEC playoff game, nothing more. Enjoy calling it a "national" championship if you like; the world knows the truth.

:)

Dude, you are so far off base you couldn't find your way back with GPS. I friggin hate bama and I only hate georgia slightly less. I would MUCH prefer ucf to win the title than those inbreds. But see....I live in the real world, the world where Cinderella is really just a fairytale. That was ucf this year....they didn't play ANYBODY worth a damn except Auburn and Auburn CLEARLY didn't want to be there. Yes they won, but people who actually know football know their schedule sucked. Period. Enjoy your fairytale championship, because that's all it is.

(Note to late-coming thread spectators: my heart and allegiance belong to my alma mater Ga Tech. But I'm also a UCF alum, and it sure is fun to tweak UA and U(sic)GA sycophants. Now back to regular programming...)
I'll drink t that!
"Drink rum my boy"

I friggin hate bama and I only hate georgia slightly less. I would MUCH prefer ucf to win the title than those inbreds.

Glad to hear it. Such wisdom and perception are to be commended.

However,...
But see....I live in the real world, the world where Cinderella is really just a fairytale.

In the real world, even a blind person can see that an SEC-only game cannot legitimately be called a "national" championship and doing so "is really just a fairytale" concocted by a committee.

If you won't acknowledge UCF's claim, will you at least concede that there isn't any legit claim to a national championship this year?

A lot of folks in Nebraska aren't happy about this either. Hell - UCF was basically the state's football team this year. IMO, at minimum, each conference champion should be in the playoffs...

In reality it was probably best for Nebraska (and the UCF record) that it went down this way. Coaching the playoff games and championship for UCF while trying to recruit for Nebraska would have likely been a no-go. I seriously doubt the team would have performed in the playoffs without Frost.

I have heard fans calling for his name for the last ten years. Really only can go up from where Riley put us.

A lot of folks in Nebraska aren't happy about this either. Hell - UCF was basically the state's football team this year. IMO, at minimum, each conference champion should be in the playoffs...

But you didn't hear Nebraska fans complaining when NU went to the national championship game in 2001 even after they lost to Colorado (and didn't play in the Big 12 title game).

I thought Auburn would crush UCF as well. Look how well that turned out. You don't play at that level and not play to win. If auburn shows up or not that is on them. UCF should get a shot end of story. Alabama should play them and beat them and put it all to rest.

Saw that yesterday. Careful what you wish for. RTR!

No worries.

There's no downside for UCF if this happens. If they lose both games, the reaction is a "so-what" shrug and that it wasn't much of an accomplishment for UA. On the other hand, should UCF win even one of the two games, their status is elevated to be on par with UA.

Conversely, there's no upside for UA to this series.

Very very unlikely to happen.

Back