(NA) silly poll du jour: Urinal trough?

use the urinal trough? (public restroom) (this is the long multi-user urinal)

• sure, why not

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • only if i'm wearing long pants

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • no way, i'll take the stall (for $100 Alex)

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
There's this one, purported to be the world's longest urinal at the start of the NYC marathon. 290' long, and yes I used it.
marathon.jpg

m13.jpg

Exactly, there's just the trees. If you go down hill to the end of the urinal and hang a left you're heading for the Staten Island approach the Verrazano Narrows bridge where the race starts.
There's quite a torrent of urine going through that thing when it gets close to race time.

I see one guy about one second from walking over and beating the crap out of the guy taking the picture.

A two liter soda bottle full of water tossed in the trough would give everyone wet, smelly shoes...

Used to have them at the stadiums. Worked great. Fast in and out.

Was mad when the renovated and they put in urinals with stalls. Now there are lines to the bathroom.

(I'm not sure anything I just wrote was a complete sentence...)

Used to have them at the stadium at WSU. They went away with the remodel several years ago. I've found them in various places around the world. An airport in New Zealand back in 2002. Elsewhere, as well. No big deal.

WWII era navy ships were equipped with flowing stream troughs which weren't just urinals. They had slats across them to sit on. Then there was always the joker who would throw a flaming wad of toilet paper in at the head of the stream.

Last edited:
WWII era navy ships were equipped with flowing stream troughs which weren't just urinals. They had slats across them to sit on. Then there was always the joker who would through a flaming wad of toilet paper in at the head of the stream.
And then there was always riding the red seat...

Back