NA Property signage

Here are today's miscreants. Three adult males, I could see them 1/2mi away, traipsing through my pasture & climbing my hill. They parked, blocking my gate and hopped the fence to get in. I slapped an appropriate note under the wiper.
I felt like getting in the driver's seat, lighting up one of their cigarettes and waiting til they came back, "So, I bet you don't like me sitting in your car" but I didn't have time.
Who knows wth they were doing back there, hope it doesn't involve plastic bags and shovels.

View attachment 49359 View attachment 49360
Why are you taking pictures? Pull out your knife and stick a couple of their tires.

Why are you taking pictures? Pull out your knife and stick a couple of their tires.

Trying to get what I want (privacy) without ending up in front of our J.P. with all those awkward questions. (or getting shot at) I do appreciate the sentiment, however.

Years ago there was a real prick we wanted to deal with, but wanted something he wouldn't expect. We used an old chain and threaded it from one of his rear tires to the other going over and under his drive shaft. Bolted the chain together and then started drinking while waiting for the show. He didn't get very far. I still laugh about it to this day. He wasn't the type that could look at a chain and think to remove it himself. Had to call in some friends the next day and between the three of them figured it out eventually.
Couldn't have happened to a better person.

Trying to get what I want (privacy) without ending up in front of our J.P. with all those awkward questions. (or getting shot at) I do appreciate the sentiment, however.
Huh? They're on your property. So who's going to be doing the shooting? And I'm a little confused about how lackadaisical you seem to be about all of this. If I saw trespassers on my property, I can't quit imagine what'd be a higher priority than chasing them off. Don't you have a Mule with a shotgun rack you can drive up to wherever they are an impress upon them the importance of skedaddling ASAP? If you're not willing to back it up, I don't know if any sign is going to work, but you might at a minimum put up some standard "No Trespassing" signs.

Well, that looks like a rental car to me. So I doubt the miscreants would care about damage to the car.

But they might not like having to walk back to wherever they came from if the car were towed away. Or alternatively, if it's on your property and you have a truck with a tow hitch, drag that vehicle behind your gate, then lock the gate. Then call a tow truck to tow away an "abandoned vehicle on your property."

Call the Sheriff's office and have them send someone out. He will say he cant tow the car but YOU can. It your property. Have it towed while he is there. If the tresspasers happen to walk out off your property, he can arrest them on the spot. But you will have to follow up with prosecution.

Last edited:
WHy not just put up a no trespassing sign? They're cheap, and it'll make it explicit for the people who don't know texas law about fence post colors.

If Jake doesn't get them, you think our new sign will fool anyone?

30969049224_5f604114f3_z.jpg

IMG_1174.JPG Not exactly the same but my grandma owns several small antique, liquor and drug stores, has this posted at one, Wish i would have taken a photo of it, hers had a funny picture of my 73 year old grandma brandishing her smith and Wesson .357 Magnum. She still shoots it too.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.GIF
    IMG_1173.GIF
    40 KB · Views: 11
Well, it looks like your land is fenced, so even without purple posts, your trespasser has been given notice not to enter the property.

It's more than the disrespect. They fall into an abandoned mineshaft on your property or drown in a stock-pond and you have a liability issue on your hands.
I wud have flatten 2 tires, right front and right left. Just let the air out, no need to use your kbar

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I live next door to a large farm. There were always poachers trying to sneak through my yard to get out on the farm.
I had a sign made for my property that said:
"No one will ever find your body out here."

The police made me take it down after they saw it.

I did my best to be proactive and responsible.
Now I have no qualms that their bodies are never found out there.
:devil:

Just curious - under what authority?
Some vague complaint that the sign was "threatening".
Interestingly enough, they had NO problem with the woman who owned the farm riding around the farm with a lever action 30/30 and taking pot shots at people.
She was a good friend, and I miss her.

I would think that it would take a court order to make one remove a sign from their property not just a directive from a cop. And even then, the person who felt threatened would have to file the complaint and attest to it in court. No?

Back