[NA]Photo experiment[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
here is a group of interesting photos, sorry if they have circulated already
Its a restaurant at the top of an amazing mountain in China, and one way up involves ridiculous-looking catwalks across a multi-000 foot rock face.

hmph no joy, its in the form .eml
Im not sure how to convert it, let me work on it

Open the email back up, right click on the photo and select "save as" .jpg

when I do that Greg, it will only save one pic at a time. I am looking for a lazier - er I mean more efficient way to do that.

I've bumped my head on the same thing ... I took the laziest approach ... said to my self "Self?" I said. "The guys 'n gals on POA would get a kick out of this, but I guess it just isn't gonna happen." and then I hit the delete button ... :)

doh! I didn't even think of that ... and I have one of those!

File > Print (to PDF)

Several good free PDF printers out there you can install.

I don't see that option when I do so, from an open email message.

Does this mean print out the page, scan and post as a jpg?
(ugh - seems laborious)

Dave, you have to download one of the shareware PDF printer addin software pkgs. I pulled one down for Word a while ago, but don't recall from where ... google pdf printer or something like that. The one I have installs as a printer and then in Word, you just "print" to that printer. End result is a .pdf doc

Dave, you have to download one of the shareware PDF printer addin software pkgs. I pulled one down for Word a while ago, but don't recall from where ... google pdf printer or something like that. The one I have installs as a printer and then in Word, you just "print" to that printer. End result is a .pdf doc

Thanks guys but if I have to involve paper and printer, I will pass on this one.

Thanks guys but if I have to involve paper and printer, I will pass on this one.

Dave, that's not what this is. The software mimics a printer so your program (Word, Excel, whatever) thinks it is printing to a printer. But it is actually making the .pdf file.

-Skip

yeah - like Skip said! :)

Sorry I was not clear. Even tho the software installs "as a printer" it really prints to a file ... creates a .pdf file as the output. You just select the PDF "printer" (software) as the output device.

And OpenOffice has it built in, so you can save yourself having to run MicroSoft Office.

ok, 'print' has another meaning these days, thanks.

You'll use this "virtual printer" a lot once you have it, Dave... you can send folks PDFs (which they can't alter) rather than your original Word or Excel docs, or PDFs "prints" of interesting web pages, an email you want to print out and send to someone, etc. Even PICTURES. :)

I noticed the dog is blonde. I showed it to my wife and had to explain. She's blonde, too. Now I'm hiding under the bed until she cools down again ... shhhh, here she comes again! :)

I noticed the dog is blonde. I showed it to my wife and had to explain. She's blonde, too. Now I'm hiding under the bed until she cools down again ... shhhh, here she comes again! :)

You'll appreciate this one, Greg. Your wife might not!

A guy is having a drink in a very dark bar. He leans over to a large woman next to him and says 'Do you wanna hear a funny blonde joke?' The big woman replies 'Well before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm blonde, six feet tall, 210lb and I'm a professional triathlete and bodybuilder. The blonde woman sitting next to me is 6'2", weighs 220lb and she's an ex-professional wrestler. Next to her is a blonde who is 6'5", weighs 250lb and she's a current professional kick boxer. Now, do you still want to tell that joke?' The guy thinks about it for a second and says, 'No, not if I'm going to have to explain it three times!'

Back