NA Old TV shows

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Is there a place to view the 60's TV shows... Mission: Impossible or The Man From U.N.C.L.E., even paid?

Prime and Netflix each have some. You have to search for them, though. Both services have many titles that don't show up in their respective GUIs unless you search for them, probably because they're of little interest to most users.

Rich

My 16-year-old son loves the A-Team and those other corny old shows along with MST3K. There are a lot of them on Netflix.

I'd lean more towards F Troop and Hogan's Heroes! :goofy:

For me it's The Avengers, The Saint, and, I guess, though I haven't seen it in quite a while, The Prisoner. Twilight Zone's always a favorite but I seen the original Star Trek episodes too many times and they're just too corny for me to enjoy much anymore.

YUP......

Long live Songbird.....:yes::wink2:

American Flyers used to have all the episodes available to watch on their website but apparently they didn't have permission to do that from the rights owner, who is still selling them. So they pulled them off the site. A smart person would have downloaded them at some point. Did I mention that I'm kind of a smart person.

I like some of the old tv shows occasionally. There are very few that I can watch more than just a few because they're so corny. As a kid I loved Dukes of Hazzard, MASH, Andy Griffith. Now I wonder WTH I ever saw in those. I agree with Tim about Hogan's Heroes though and watched them all again on TVLand. I liked Adam 12.

Just started watching Grey's Anatomy a couple of months ago. Pretty good.

My wife and I watched NYPD Blue from the beginning starting a few months ago. That's a great show.

Although I'm still claiming The West Wing to be the best series ever to hit the airwaves.

Well, if you want to bring up modern shows, I'm really enjoying The Leftovers and I don't mean Thanksgiving :wink2:

Speaking of M.A.S.H., I think my son loved that one most of all and became a big Alan Alda fan, buying his latest? book. Kid's got good taste. Example, he had some money coming and asked me to buy him a 72 El Camino for his first car. It's sitting in the yard now.

Last edited:
Great pre 80's shows...

Drama:
Gunsmoke
Bonanza

Comedy:
Mr. Ed
I Dream of Jeanie
Andy Griffith

American Flyers used to have all the episodes available to watch on their website but apparently they didn't have permission to do that from the rights owner, who is still selling them. So they pulled them off the site. A smart person would have downloaded them at some point. Did I mention that I'm kind of a smart person.
So am I.

The Three Stooges! And WKRP Cincinnati, two of my favorites.

It's not old, and didn't last long, but The Wire is great.

The best sit com that nobody ever watched was Arrested Development. If you haven't seen it, check it out and start at the beginning. It's sort of soap opera/mockumentary style.

Prime and Netflix each have some. You have to search for them, though. Both services have many titles that don't show up in their respective GUIs unless you search for them, probably because they're of little interest to most users.

Rich

Most users have no taste.

Great pre 80's shows...

Drama:
Gunsmoke
Bonanza

Comedy:
Mr. Ed
I Dream of Jeanie
Andy Griffith

I've been watching the Andy Griffith show on Netflix. And I'm now on the last season... Crap.

If we are talking 80's & 90's, than Newhart and Married With Children are hard to beat.

The end of the new Newhart show has to be the best ending of a series ever, waking up in the old bed next to Suzanne Pleshette.

The end of the new Newhart show has to be the best ending of a series ever, waking up in the old bed next to Suzanne Pleshette.

That was good. Beats:

* working at a lumber mill in the northwest
* going to jail with your three whacky friends
* rescuing your best friend from meth-making kidnappers and dying in a blaze of glory

Kinda makes me want to start Breaking Bad and Dexter all over again. Something I never thought I'd have said 15 years ago, but Seinfeld isn't as funny now as it was the first time around.

I've been watching the Andy Griffith show on Netflix. And I'm now on the last season... Crap.

I should have stipulated that once Don Knotts left the show it was "not good".

Hey, Bill.... Aren't you supposed to say 'spoiler alert' when you post something like that? :D ....and there was a time when waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette would have fulfilled a dream!

If you want old TV, get an antenna. GetTV, MeTV, etc, etc. We get probably 25 OAT channels even out here in the boonies. Last night I watched (just to show you how off-beat they go) both The Jim Nabors Hour and Merv Griffin. Even caught a Mr. Peepers (you puppies can Google that one :)

Jim

Oops...that would be OTA

Last edited:
and there was a time when waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette would have fulfilled a dream!

Jim

So I just googled her. I didn't realized she died several years ago. And yeah, she was a beauty. I almost fell over when I read that her husband was Tom Poston. Think George on the new Newhart. How did THAT happen?

So I just googled her. I didn't realized she died several years ago. And yeah, she was a beauty. I almost fell over when I read that her husband was Tom Poston. Think George on the new Newhart. How did THAT happen?

Tom Poston and Bob Newhart were good friends in real life. He guest starred are few times on The Bob Newhart Show, so I'm guessing that's where they (Poston and Pleshette) met??

Also interesting is that Poston was a pilot in WWII.

Hey, Bill.... Aren't you supposed to say 'spoiler alert' when you post something like that? :D ....and there was a time when waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette would have fulfilled a dream!

Spoiler alert? Jeez, the show ended in 1990.

And yes, Suzanne was quite the babe when she was young.

220px-Suzanne_Pleshette_-_1969.jpg

suzie.jpg

I enjoyed revisiting "Hill Street Blues", though last I looked only the first couple of seasons were available online.

Best cop show ever, Eddie!

Currently watching Mork & Mindy on the "Antenna TV" channel out of CLE....nanu, nanu!

Jim

Unless I missed it going through the posts, I can't believe nobody has mentioned the "12 O'clock High" TV series. There are three seasons of it on YouTube. I have been enjoying go through those lately.

While not old TV series shows, there are some other interesting flying related series on YouTube too;

Frontiers of Flight - 13 episodes
Reaching for the Skies - 12 episodes
Clash of Wings - 13 episodes
Wings of the Luftwaffe - 14 episodes

Excellent series from long ago is "The Naked City."

Back