[NA] Need search assistance from the PoA Hive Mind: Message Holders

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I am trying to find a source for a type of page/card/message holder and am totally failing. So I turn to our hive mind to see if any of you have better luck.

What I am looking for is something that is of an older design before the days of fabric cubicles and electronic desk toys.

Typically plastic, wedge shaped, with a small dowel like roller inside. The back was often adhesive or magnetic. When you wanted to hang the paper/card/message, you would slide that upward into the holder, then the friction of the paper against the dowel and the wedge shape would keep the paper in place.

Often these were promotional business giveaways and have information silkscreened on the front.

Restaurants have them to hold the order tickets but I need one that is more 1.0 to 1.5 inches wide

ck6512a_san-jamar-1.jpg

Any/all help appreciated.

Drat.... for that source to work, I need a minimum order of $500.00

But at least I'm closer than when I started :D:D

Monterey Jet Center used to give them out as TOLD card holders, at least that's how we used them.

Monterey Jet Center used to give them out as TOLD card holders, at least that's how we used them.
That's essentially what I want to use it for. But have other useful info on the card.

Keep a look out for them as you travel about doing your thing and then snag me a couple.

That's essentially what I want to use it for. But have other useful info on the card.

Keep a look out for them as you travel about doing your thing and then snag me a couple.
You could always order 500 and put your business name on them. ;)

There are a number of companies that do the logo work. Call around, check online, see what you can find. I'm about to make a Tshirt order for a contest with custom logos. But then, I don't worry about the cost (I'm the treas and can sign for any amount).

4 or 5.

But if I can be greedy, a few more than that. I'll cover shipping costs.

There are a number of companies that do the logo work. Call around, check online, see what you can find. I'm about to make a Tshirt order for a contest with custom logos. But then, I don't worry about the cost (I'm the treas and can sign for any amount).
But I don't need boxes and boxes of these the promo gadgeteria companies want. Just a handful. One or two would be used right away, then the small remainder as backups should the first go walk about

Just call a few imprint companies and buy some samples.
Or, even better, if you can find a local place that actually prints them on site, drive over and slip ten bucks to a shipping clerk for a dozen rejects.

Just call a few imprint companies and buy some samples.
Or, even better, if you can find a local place that actually prints them on site, drive over and slip ten bucks to a shipping clerk for a dozen rejects.

I was going to suggest the same. Call and see if they will send you some samples. Guarantee that they have plenty of overruns, errors, etc. I have been successful doing that with a number of hard-to-find things over the years. BTW, this is a cool variant on that holder...

https://www.garrettspecialties.com/stainless-steel-memo-mate-p-21469.html

note.jpg

Last edited:
Back