[NA]Must correct POA rant shortage[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I am so sick of having to reveal all my details in order to ask simple questions about products!

"When will (this product) be in stock again?"
"Can I have your name, address, company affiliation, phone number, SSN, underwear size"
"You need all that, to answer if you will ever get stuff back on your shelves?"

"Do you have a similar product but with X feature?"
"I need your full personal medical history, all websites you have visited in the last 30 days, and have you worn either leather or synthetic shoes in the last 30 years, oh - do you have any unusual itches or discharges?"
"Um, I am the customer and will direct the interview, ok?"

I went through that at Sears a couple of years ago just trying to buy a dishwasher. Almost walked out without buying it. It was my wife who got me to cave and just give the guy my info.

This is the updated version of "press 1 for..." <= = = remember how that used to irritate us? Twenty years from now I'm sure this type of thing will be the norm and there will be other burrs in our saddles.

I don’t think that @Clark1961 will give your rant a good review. It seems to be lacking the qualities he likes to see in a good rant.

Like when I go to a store to buy something...

"Can I have your phone number?"

"No. The money should be enough, I'm married."

I say it's unlisted, and that shuts them up. Email address? Uh, no.

"Can I have your name, address, company affiliation, phone number, SSN, underwear size"

"George Sam Houston Washington". Really? Really. Mom and dad wanted me to sound famous.

"907-442-5531" Which is the phone number to the Kotzebue, AK Police department.

"#1 Whispering Pine Mountain Canyon Buffalo Trail Drive"

"President, Secretary and chief bathroom cleaner"

Email: "Idontgiveitout@AOL.com". And I spell it out for the person asking.

You have to practice until you can do all this with a straight face. One little snicker ends the fun.

I don’t think that @Clark1961 will give your rant a good review. It seems to be lacking the qualities he likes to see in a good rant.
As a review of a rant, this post lacks detail and drive. In fact the critic comes close to denying any responsibility by referencing another reviewer. This review wasn't just mailed in, it was folded into a paper airplane first. Three thumbs down!

We use a "concierge" family physician, but for imaging or other stuff he doesn't do, they still ask for SSN, email, etc. And I still omit it all from the forms.

I give my former employer's general office number. Been doing that for years, even when I was still flying for them. :D

I regret I cannot accept your rebuttal to my rant unless you provide name, address, phone, email & SSN.
However, I will work on being angrier...and all that other stuff I dont understand.

For phone numbers, I tend to give out the one I had when I was living in Jax. I feel sorry for the poor guy that has it now.

As a review of a rant, this post lacks detail and drive. In fact the critic comes close to denying any responsibility by referencing another reviewer. This review wasn't just mailed in, it was folded into a paper airplane first. Three thumbs down!

My post was a mere observation of how his rant fared against other rants that you had previously reviewed and often reviewed harshly. My post was neither intended to be a rant or an actual critique of a rant but merely a prognostication of your potential rant filled critique of another member’s rant.

As to the three thumbs down rating, I must ask if you are some sort of a mutant with more thumbs than normal?

My post was a mere observation of how his rant fared against other rants that you had previously reviewed and often reviewed harshly. My post was neither intended to be a rant or an actual critique of a rant but merely a prognostication of your potential rant filled critique of another member’s rant.

As to the three thumbs down rating, I must ask if you are some sort of a mutant with more thumbs than normal?
For particular bad rant reviews such as the one you presented I borrow a thumb so folks will understand how bad it really is. Don’t worry about your response since many people like you can’t handle a negative review.

I am so sick of having to reveal all my details in order to ask simple questions about products!

"When will (this product) be in stock again?"
"You need all that, to answer if you will ever get stuff back on your shelves?"

"Do you have a similar product but with X feature?"
"I need your full personal medical history, all websites you have visited in the last 30 days, and have you worn either leather or synthetic shoes in the last 30 years, oh - do you have any unusual itches or discharges?"
"Um, I am the customer and will direct the interview, ok?"

Most of us don't deal with this situation. You seem to be in the uniquely fortunate position of being an aircraft owner with disposable income left over to buy "other stuff". :eek:

We should come up with a sobriquet for pilots like you. Hmmmm, 1%er comes to mind...:D

Most of us don't deal with this situation. You seem to be in the uniquely fortunate position of being an aircraft owner with disposable income left over to buy "other stuff". :eek:

We should come up with a sobriquet for pilots like you. Hmmmm, 1%er comes to mind...:D
What the heck is that? A 75 cent word? Too rich for me! LOL

What the heck is that? A 75 cent word? Too rich for me! LOL
I used to use words like that. Now that I have an airplane I had to give them up. But I did take on a co-owner, so I can at least say "moniker" now.

I am thinking there is a need for a rant coach.

Or perhaps start with a PoA certified pre-takeoff rant checklist to ensure minimum criteria for launch are met.

I am thinking there is a need for a rant coach.
Considering the rant critique illustrated in this thread there needs to be a school for critics too.

Don’t worry, school can start at a remedial level.

Thanks. As someone who typically neither rants nor harshly critiques others, my skill in those areas is lacking. You do appear to be well practiced in the art and I’m sure I could learn a lot from you.

Thanks. As someone who typically neither rants nor harshly critiques others, my skill in those areas is lacking. You do appear to be well practiced in the art and I’m sure I could learn a lot from you.
Perhaps a bit of reflection and prayer will help. Perhaps not.

Back