[NA]Irritating Fee #903

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Home owner insurance renewal:

At the end of the charges for liabilty, asset coverage, electronic equipment, jewelry:
“Policy Fee …….$25.00”
Broker says the companies charge it for making the renewal policy (I’ve been with them 15+ years)

Really?
It should be buried.
Or removed if you buy the policy.
Makes the companies look silly, even if they have a justification for it.

Might as well call it a Customer Fee, the fee for having you as a customer. Businesses are taking these tack on fees to the ridiculous level.

Funny as I was filling out online forms for a regular visit with my doc when one came up for me to sign that said I would agree to pay $25.00 for certain forms that needed to be filled out for billing purposes. I refused to sign it ...

Reminds of a consulting gig a dozen years ago and a particularly nasty customer who was notoriously difficult. Office manager decided I should be assigned as I had a certain way of getting things done without drama and a reputation amongst the community. I put a condition into the contracts called DWAF and had a variable rate application depending how many calls/visits/complaints received during the contract period of performance. It was non-negotiable.

When I submitted it the customer signed without question, but later came back and asked "What is DWAF?"
My reply "Dealing with A$$#o13 Fee." Mission accomplished and he never pushed back. He was still a A$$#o13 and we still had issues, but he would smile and say, "I'm paying the fee, I get to complain." He was right.

Daily living now comes with a resort fee, collected by everyone who bills you for anything.

for those that still have cable... look at the surcharges. The <whateversport> package costs $14.99 and then there is a $31.99 sports surcharge.

The RCN (excuuuuuuse me, Astound) surcharges are more than the bundled package.

Look at airline tickets. The fees and taxes are typically more than the air fare.

Look at a hotel bill if you want to see a few "add ons" ...

Customer has to pay a fee to become a customer,fees are getting totaly ridiculous.

Kind of like my hangar electric bill

Electric usage $1.52
Delivery fee $8
Customer fee $16
Taxes $5
Total $30.xx

I started to turn my gas off for the non freezing months since I only use it Nov Dec Jan Feb, that saves over $200 a year.

The price advertised or mentioned should be the price you pay. The business should be responsible for any taxes, fees and adding those in the advertised price. I really don’t understand why we don’t do that, it would avoid ****ing off a lot of people in life.

Now if you check your bills, you’ll find that you are routinely overcharged.

Do people get more advantages or business by adding up prices piecemeal instead of one by one? Or are businesses too lazy to do projections on the total cost. Who knows. Anyway, I spend less money as a result.

Home owner insurance renewal:

At the end of the charges for liabilty, asset coverage, electronic equipment, jewelry:
“Policy Fee …….$25.00”
Broker says the companies charge it for making the renewal policy (I’ve been with them 15+ years)

Really?
It should be buried.
Or removed if you buy the policy.
Makes the companies look silly, even if they have a justification for it.
I suspect the $25 went to your broker not the insurance company.

The price advertised or mentioned should be the price you pay. The business should be responsible for any taxes, fees and adding those in the advertised price. I really don’t understand why we don’t do that, it would avoid ****ing off a lot of people in life.

Now if you check your bills, you’ll find that you are routinely overcharged.

Do people get more advantages or business by adding up prices piecemeal instead of one by one? Or are businesses too lazy to do projections on the total cost. Who knows. Anyway, I spend less money as a result.
Sure they do. They advertise the lower price to get you in the door, then you find out about all the fees when you are ready to sign the deal. If they advertised the full price, people would go elsewhere.

Look at a hotel bill if you want to see a few "add ons" ...
Yes- amazing in many places in the world! I just got back from China and I was amazed at the simplicity of their hotel bills. Just the rate for each night- no taxes (probably buried in the rate), no resort fees, no registration fees, no internet fees, no cleaning or registration fees- just a single number each night.

Yes- amazing in many places in the world! I just got back from China and I was amazed at the simplicity of their hotel bills. Just the rate for each night- no taxes (probably buried in the rate), no resort fees, no registration fees, no internet fees, no cleaning or registration fees- just a single number each night.

I recently booked four days in a hotel. The web site had the option to "see the final price with all charges included." In a few days I'll know how true that really is ... :oops:

The Fuel Surcharge was added years ago, to many of my purchased services at the time of a big jump in gas prices…. But was never reduced when gas price dropped. It’s still there and has only gone up.
#i lneedaclassactionhere

+ better service & food too

What is the suggested tip for a home insurance policy fee these days? 18% or is that only for houses with 5 or more bedrooms?

+ better service & food too
Better food- breakfast= yes; dinner was generally no (Spain, UK, India, Singapore, China this year, IHG group). I could usually find a place for dinner with the same local cuisine but a bit better.
Service seemed the same- I haven't had issues anywhere in the world (South San Francisco, San Diego, Indianapolis, Boulder, Scottsdale, the places abroad, also IHG group). The worst was Marriott in San Francisco- expensive, destination fee which covered Wi-fi, $20 for food at their inflated prices. I didn't have a car because of the excellent train between the airport and hotel, but it was $100 to park it. Only China didn't have other fees!

Back