(NA) How do I get "The Cure" off my Ipod Touch?

LandSickness

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
fri tale
I have an Ipod Touch from like 2008 that has maybe 200 songs on it. My kid added the Cure's album "Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me" on it. How in blazes can I get this album off of my ipod without deleting all of my other songs? I built this play list YEARS ago and honestly, this album is the only thing I want off. I've attempted to back up to Itunes and then deselect the songs to no avail.

On an iPod Touch, find the album and swipe left. A "Delete" option should slide over from the right.

Assuming it works like an iPhone.

Also be sure it's not synced in such a way that your computer loads it back on next time you sync.

On an iPod Touch, find the album and swipe left. A "Delete" option should slide over from the right.

Assuming it works like an iPhone.

Also be sure it's not synced in such a way that your computer loads it back on next time you sync.

My Ipod preceeded the Iphone by a bit I think. It may be older than I stated. I'm not sure I can swipe left for that option. I'll test it when I get to my truck. The other thing is, my music is not on my computer...it's only on the Ipod, so if I sync it, it will delete all of it's contents. There has to be a way to delete one album without having to add all of the music back to my computer.

If it's a 'touch', it came out after the iPhone, you may have an ancient version of iOS running though. Outside of that, it would have a wheel disc.

If it's a 'touch', it came out after the iPhone, you may have an ancient version of iOS running though. Outside of that, it would have a wheel disc.

No wheel disc on my Ipod Touch. It looks like a thinner Iphone. I'll try the swipe thing when I get to my truck.

I;m still trying to get that free U2 off the tablet. Doesn't exist on the computer (that I can find) but it's impossible to remove it. Fortunately, it only shows up when connected to a network.

I think you have to destroy it with fire.

Hmmm the long way would be to enable disc use, go into it on my computer enable hidden files and you could copy paste to your pc into itunes then sync to your ipod. Then you get into the hassle of enabling disc use and reloading songs.

Alternatively try something like http://download.cnet.com/PodTrans/3000-18546_4-75733600.html
Haven't used it myself but cnet is usually okay to DL stuff from if you don't instal the crapware they want you to.

I;m still trying to get that free U2 off the tablet. Doesn't exist on the computer (that I can find) but it's impossible to remove it. Fortunately, it only shows up when connected to a network.

So you still haven't found what you're looking for?

Hmmm the long way would be to enable disc use, go into it on my computer enable hidden files and you could copy paste to your pc into itunes then sync to your ipod. Then you get into the hassle of enabling disc use and reloading songs.

Alternatively try something like http://download.cnet.com/PodTrans/3000-18546_4-75733600.html
Haven't used it myself but cnet is usually okay to DL stuff from if you don't instal the crapware they want you to.

The CNet download did the trick. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I had an iPod years ago and I discovered that if you buy a new computer and plug the iPod into it then when it says "okay to update" all you have to do is click on "yes" and it will delete every friggin song you have on it with no way to get them back. :dunno:

Count me in on the damn forced U2 album! Every time I plug my iPhone in to charge, my car's screen pops up two shirtless gay men. Nice job, Bono. Not.

I had an iPod years ago and I discovered that if you buy a new computer and plug the iPod into it then when it says "okay to update" all you have to do is click on "yes" and it will delete every friggin song you have on it with no way to get them back. :dunno:

Yeah, this was my fear.

I recently abandoned the Iphone(and Sprint) for an Android phone(and AT&T) so I returned to my trusty old first generation Ipod Touch for music in my truck because radio SUCKS in the DC area.

I don't even sync the Touch...I just charge it. The computer I used to build the Touch playlist died long ago and I'm not in the mood to dig through my encrypted Carbonite files, so this was an easier solution. Thanks again, Falconkidding!

Try something like this. Allows device to charge but your car/computer/etc won't detect it.

Count me in on the damn forced U2 album! Every time I plug my iPhone in to charge, my car's screen pops up two shirtless gay men. Nice job, Bono. Not.

What's wrong with the cure? Kiss me, kiss me, kiss me was one of their best albums..... I think Robert Smith was still a spring chicken of 102 years old when they cut that record. They're actually going on tour next summer throughout the US. Apparently to support a new album.... Maybe it will be resuscitate me, resuscitate me, resuscitate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I kept my old iPhone when I upgraded and I only use it for music while I run, etc. I'm jogging along and all of the sudden U2 (one of my least favorite bands of all time) comes on after they did their forced upload...

Oh, and before someone says it, no, I wasn't running where the streets had no name...

oddly enough, Just like Heaven is on the album you seek to purge and the lyrics start "Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick"

What's wrong with the cure? Kiss me, kiss me, kiss me was one of their best albums...

My favorite is "Mixed Up", where many of their biggest hits are presented in very long "mixed" fashion.

"Fascination Street" and "Pictures Of You" respond especially well to that treatment, IMHO.

Back