[NA]Help with snake control![NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Our tiny town has an annual Easter egg hunt for little kids in the county park and in the last 2 weeks, there have been a woman bit by a rattlesnake (probably a Prairie) in the park and on the weekend, someone caught a Mojave (not to be messed with; serious stuff).

For whatever reason - and this is way out of my control, they persist in their plan to continue this year to do the same.

Knowing that they have chosen to not relocate; what is the best way to keep the snakes down in their holes? It's a 20? acre park that has been mowed short. I was thinking just driving a bunch of vehicles over it will scare them down. Maybe some scent could be sprayed which snakes hate?

Yes I know, I know get insurance or 'the snakes need to keep the kid population in check' etc. You guys; sheesh.

(There. Now every last non-aviation question possible has been asked on POA, right?)

Don’t let your kid go, let others make their own decision. Apart from searching them out and removing them, there isn’t much you can do. It’s spring, the snakes are coming out.

Did you not realize that by holding the event in a snake infested area that their goal might be to reduce the little kid population? Sounds reasonable.

Well ****, you’re in Texas, so you can do this right.

Don’t bother putting the eggs out. Give each kid a shovel and tell them they get $5 for every rattler they bring you.

Kids have more fun than with the eggs and the snake problem is brought under control. Win-Win.

Fight snakes with predators. Worst predator for a rattler is a gang of kids with shovels hell bent on collecting rattlers.

Well ****, you’re in Texas, so you can do this right.

Don’t bother putting the eggs out. Give each kid a shovel and tell them they get $5 for every rattler they bring you.

Kids have more fun than with the eggs and the snake problem is brought under control. Win-Win.

Fight snakes with predators. Worst predator for a rattler is a gang of kids with shovels hell bent on collecting rattlers.
And he thought we were going to suggest kid population control. LOL

On a similar note: A couple years ago I was driving past a field with a big sign advertising an Easter Egg hunt a couple days later. I thought it was going to be entertaining for the kids since there were a couple of people riding horses in that field at the time I drove by.

Release a bunch of mongoose? ;)

LMGTFY

"A group of mongooses is called a "mob" a "pack" a "gang" or a "troop" The mongoose is not a weasel. The meerkat is a species of mongoose. Some mongoose species live in abandoned termite mounds."

On a similar note: A couple years ago I was driving past a field with a big sign advertising an Easter Egg hunt a couple days later. I thought it was going to be entertaining for the kids since there were a couple of people riding horses in that field at the time I drove by.

Wonder what they found inside those eggs.....?:cryin:

You can try Hawks. But they are unreliable as to where the snake will end up.
Sorry PC crowd, but it wouldn't have been quite as funny without the oriental component.... An Italian would have just beat the snot out of it...

Do you have any kid that you don't like all that much. ?

Back