NA Generating multiple-page pdf

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have CutePDF, and wondered what is the easiest way to make a 20 page pdf so the recipient does not need to open 20 separate documents. Have printer/scanner.
In the past the doc feeder would jam after 15 pages and I would have to do it all over. I guess that makes my real question..."Is there a way to add pages to an existing PDF I have made with CutePDF?"
Thanks

If you're scanning without some type of OCR software, your scanned output will likely be 20 jpgs. Regardless, if you don't have something like Adobe Acrobat, place each page of your source documents into a separate page in a Word doc. You'll end up with a single 20-page Word file. In Word, do a "Save As" PDF and you're in business.

Just about anything that can print on MacOS can generate PDF.

The easiest way is to bite the bullet and get Acrobat pro.

But I do stuff like that every day.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I will import into OO and then print CutePDF.

I too have used MergePDF before. Easy and free, can't beat that. :thumbsup:

And for crying out loud, do not even think about installing any of the horrendous Acrobat stuff. It is slow, gigantic, humongous, bloated and most of all: annoying. You have been forewarned. :D

I have an Epson Workforce 610. It is an all in one printer. It will scan and save multiple pages in one file. At the end of each scan, it asks if you want to Save file or Add file. Add file will create as many pages as you want in your file to save. Check your printer's Help files for the ability to save multiple pages in one file.

Noah W

You might try googling software995. They have a coupe of freeware programs. One is a PDF printer - it installs as a printer and you select it like any other printer.
PDFedit combines stand alone PDFs into a single document. I have been using it about 10 years at work. It is add based, when you print an add pops up for about 20 seconds then the software runs.

Just about anything that can print on MacOS can generate PDF.
yeah, I thought of that, but it's true for him already. CutePDF will print anything that can be printed on a Windows PC into a PDF.

Sounds like he's got a solution in mind but I'm still trying to figure out what his source is. If it's the scanner and the problem is that it jams before job completion, the simplest solution I can think of would be Foxit Reader. Even the freebie has scanning capability including the ability to scan groups of documents into one pdf. So he can put 5 or 6 document into the scanner at a time and import them all into one PDF.

If you're already using CutePDF, I'm surprised you haven't seen it suggest CutePDF's free online editor that will allow you to merge/split PDF files. It's a little clunky to use, but did I mention it's free?

https://www.cutepdf-editor.com/

hm thanks for all the ideas.
I ended up using Foxit Phantom PDF which merged the files well.
None of them are fillable any longer, however.
Also, I tried using their tool to OCR it but it kept crashing and when I was sort of done, it had altered some of the text to make the document unusable.
Will look at the CutePDF tool later, tks.

hm thanks for all the ideas.
I ended up using Foxit Phantom PDF which merged the files well.
None of them are fillable any longer, however.
Also, I tried using their tool to OCR it but it kept crashing and when I was sort of done, it had altered some of the text to make the document unusable.
Will look at the CutePDF tool later, tks.

If I recall correctly, there are two completely different ways Phantom OCRs a PDF. The one you want to use doesn't touch the current text fonts, formatting, etc, although it might straighten out a crooked page a bit :). Like Adobe itself, it just adds a invisible layer than contains the text information.

Back