[NA]Did we get over it??[NA]

When I was growing up, many businesses had different summer and winter hours, for the sole purpose of defeating the time change.
That probably explains the welding shop where I buy dry-ice in the winter. I can stop there before work in the winter to get the stuff but they are closed at that time in summer. Before reading the quoted post, I was curious why they didn't open earlier during the summer to service the farmers needs.

That probably explains the welding shop where I buy dry-ice in the winter. I can stop there before work in the winter to get the stuff but they are closed at that time in summer. Before reading the quoted post, I was curious why they didn't open earlier during the summer to service the farmers needs.
welding shop has dry ice? need dry ice in winter in Nebraska? Interesting. Must be a story or two there.

welding shop has dry ice? need dry ice in winter in Nebraska? Interesting. Must be a story or two there.
They shovel it up during winter for use during the rest of the year :)

Most welding shops I know about are also distributors for the local gas supplier (Air Liquide, Praxair, Linde, Airgas, etc. I also know some of those are the same due to M&A) So we get oxygen, argon, helium (all used for welding) from there. They also supply nitrogen, liquid nitrogen, liquid and solid carbon dioxide as well. The dry ice is also used to shrink parts before fitting together such as a gear on an axle; after they warm up, they are stuck together very well.

Back