[NA]Continuously disconnecting from wifi[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
The laptop here, which is now much faster, better, connects just fine to the wifi signal but then quickly drops it, and does not automatically reconnect.

-other users of the wifi are unaffected
-the computer is Win7 Home Premium upgraded to Win10.
-under Network & Internet settings>Wifi>the (only available) Wifi signal is selected as is "Connect Automatically"
-the computer is in the same place it has always been for several years and has a good signal strength

The laptop here, which is now much faster, better, connects just fine to the wifi signal but then quickly drops it, and does not automatically reconnect.

-other users of the wifi are unaffected
-the computer is Win7 Home Premium upgraded to Win10.
-under Network & Internet settings>Wifi>the (only available) Wifi signal is selected as is "Connect Automatically"
-the computer is in the same place it has always been for several years and has a good signal strength
I have been having the same problem since the 6/22 Windows 10 Update installed itself.

Mine shows only 1 bar for WiFi now even though I am right next to the router. The phone (also on WiFi) shows full strength, as do all my other devices. I think the recent update may have had some issues on it. Frustrating enough that I may just run an ethernet cord from the laptop to the router

Obviously there are a lot of factors.
  1. How old is the AP?
  • Does it support 5 GHz?
If there is interference, the t may only affect newer 5 GHz devices and not 2.4 GHz.

I don't think you should focus on Win 10, but rather the age of the hardware. It is also possible the new laptop has a bad antenna, since other devices aren't affected.

I had a similar problem with my Windows laptop, originally Vista upgraded to Windows 10, when I tried to go on line after the update,although it showed a number of available WiFi networks it said server was unavailable.I tried all the usual Windows diagnostics and after doing these it showed no network connections available at all. I have three cell phones and an iPad on the network all working well.Finally I switched off the laptop and let it remain off for about half an hour,when I rebooted it all was well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

have rebooted n times. Now it is back to being almost completely unresponsive.
As discussed in thread referenced above I could delete a user but I would have no confidence in the computer in the future. Preparing to wipe the drive and reinstall.

As discussed in thread referenced above I could delete a user but I would have no confidence in the computer in the future.
Welcome to the world of Windblows. I am surprised you still have any confidence in the product.

Preparing to wipe the drive and reinstall.
Best call here. Break out the Win7 USB stick and have at it. You'll be happy in 10 minutes that you did id. Get rid of the useless WinX virus, nothing good came out of that insulting joke.
Now go and sin no more! :)

Back