NA contacts list; iphone v laptop

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
So my phone is two rooms away, and in my undying quest to avoid any physical effort whatsoever, I thought - hey, I'll look up that number by going to the icloud website and click on Contacts, they'll all be there, right?
Looks like only 20% of my phone numbers are there. How to sync? (did not see a sync button).
Please, don't make me exercise!

I have no idea, but am eager for an answer!

Are you using all Apple stuff? As in contacts stored in iCloud? If so, sorry, I can't help much, but maybe an idea. Do you have an exceptionally large contacts list? Do you have the default free iCloud? There might be some limitations.

I haven't seen or used a "sync button" in years. I keep my ~2,000 contacts (the list goes back to the late 1980's; I really need to clean them out) in one of my Gmail accounts and can access it on my laptop, my Android phone, my iPad Mini, the Android tablet I use for flight backup... That's, of course in addition to any device that has internet access from which I can reach Google.

One of the problems is that the iphone seems to default to the "iphone" contacts group whenever you create a contact using the phone, where (say you're using an exchange server) the PC or ipad will default to the exchange server for your email account. I'm not sure how to force it otherwise, I can't find an attribute in the contact settings. I usually have to manually share then delete the redundant contact on the phone.

The best exercise you can perform (and it is not too much, trust me) is to use two fingers to grip the gaiPhone, move your arm (slowly, don't exert yourself!) over a trash can and release the gentle grip. Hopefully that won't exhaust your fingers too much.
If you need a breather, take one. Then open your laptop (while sitting on the couch, of course) and and buy yourself a real phone online.
Problem solved.
Ow, my fingers hurt from typing, I am experiencing unbelievable fatigue. I need a beer to fuel me up!!

Back