For Sale (NA) 25-foot Steamboat

Run-Around

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Run-Around
25 foot wooden steamboat for sale. Will run on hardwoods or coal, could be converted to LPG. Comes with twin-axle trailer. Boat is in working order but definitely needs work to be in top shape. Located in NW PA. Email Doug for more info and price. douglassuhr414@gmail.com

Steamboat 1.JPG

Now this is something different.

Does that require 15 year boiler inspections ?

Now this is something different.

Does that require 15 year boiler inspections ?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I've heard that you have to be licensed to operate a boiler... never have been myself.

Oh good, we finally have someone who can definitively finally answer the question as to why you would have a for sale ad without a price!

Oh good, we finally have someone who can definitively finally answer the question as to why you would have a for sale ad without a price!

I didn't list price because it's negotiable. Looking for $12,000 but will take best offer.

I even has my name on it and tomorrow is my wedding anniversary!!!! Wouldn't that be an awesome gift!? :D

Oliver

@Skywalker

I even has my name on it and tomorrow is my wedding anniversary!!!! Wouldn't that be an awesome gift!? :D

Oliver

@Skywalker

Well happy anniversary Oliver! You and this boat could be another happy union. Gotta get the barn cleaned out 'cause I'm gonna build me one of 'em newfangled aeroplanes.

25 foot wooden steamboat for sale. Will run on hardwoods or coal, could be converted to LPG. Comes with twin-axle trailer. Boat is in working order but definitely needs work to be in top shape. Located in NW PA. Email Doug for more info and price. douglassuhr414@gmail.com

View attachment 66794

maxresdefault.jpg

Say...that's a good looking boat....

To be honest, I'm not sure. I've heard that you have to be licensed to operate a boiler... never have been myself.
I don’t know how big it has to be before you need a license, but the big problem with steam is you can kill people a lot quicker than other forms of propulsion.

I don’t know how big it has to be before you need a license, but the big problem with steam is you can kill people a lot quicker than other forms of propulsion.

Yes, that's true. Though now it seems you can kill a lot of people with your car too.

Back