NA — Moen or Delta Faucet

When I was building Anymouse Manor, my plumber recommended Delta. He also pointed me to a dealer that carried the good stuff, not the stuff Orange and Blue typically carry. Haven't had any issues at all with any of it.[snip]

And that's the key. Unfortunately brands that were darn near universally good have chosen/been driven into low cost versions for the big box stores which beat the living daylights out of prices. Just having the logo is no guarantee anymore. But virtually all of the brands that have been around (Moen, Delta, Kholer) have upper lines which are quite good.

And that's the key. Unfortunately brands that were darn near universally good have chosen/been driven into low cost versions for the big box stores which beat the living daylights out of prices. Just having the logo is no guarantee anymore. But virtually all of the brands that have been around (Moen, Delta, Kholer) have upper lines which are quite good.

True!! I found that out about appliances as well. Got all of mine from an appliance store. Again, no real issues with any of them, despite having a brand that many say is crap (GE). Apparently Orange and Blue aren't allowed to sell the upper end items.

The only issue I've had with my appliances is the filter cartridge in the fridge. I don't know how it does it, but apparently there is a way it times out after a certain number of months. Twice I put in a new filter and both times I went away for several months and found the filter needed to be replaced when I got back. And it won't allow water to flow until you replace it. I typically just use it for ice, and not that often. I figure I got about 6-10 cubes per filter. At ~$50/filter, that's some pricey cubes. The water quality here is pretty good, so now I just leave the bypass in and don't worry about it.

True!! I found that out about appliances as well. Got all of mine from an appliance store. Again, no real issues with any of them, despite having a brand that many say is crap (GE). Apparently Orange and Blue aren't allowed to sell the upper end items.

The only issue I've had with my appliances is the filter cartridge in the fridge. I don't know how it does it, but apparently there is a way it times out after a certain number of months. Twice I put in a new filter and both times I went away for several months and found the filter needed to be replaced when I got back. And it won't allow water to flow until you replace it. I typically just use it for ice, and not that often. I figure I got about 6-10 cubes per filter. At ~$50/filter, that's some pricey cubes. The water quality here is pretty good, so now I just leave the bypass in and don't worry about it.

Yes. It applies to lots of things including lawn and landscaping tools, light fixtures, fans, appliances....

Find a new old stock faucet with a 500 gpm flow rate. Every time I turn on my 1.25 gpm "environmentally friendly" faucet I get ****ed off waiting to fill up a coffee pot or a cooking pot. One of the stupidest inventions ever.

Delta repacement parts are readily available. Good thing, because you'll need them.

Kohler. ;)

If you don't already know this, believe it.
There can be a huge difference in quality (Moen, Delta, doesn't matter) between the faucet you buy at a big box store and a real plumbing supply house. (and a corresponding difference in price as well).
I've had the same plumbing/heating guys for the last 30 years. Father/son business. Ive known the old man (ha, he's my age) from back in our early flying days.
Normally I do all my own work, but for really big jobs I hire out. I had a problem and a time crunch and needed some help, so I call Bob the plumber.
I told him what fixture I wanted, and he picked one up at the supply house. In the mean time, my wife had picked up the exact same fixture at Home Depot.
The plumbing supply part weighed almost 2 lbs more than the Home Depot part. Solid brass and steel.
Lesson learned.

I would go with Moen. Everyone recommends it. All the forums and websites like healthy kitchen 101 or the spruce recommend it. Plus, I read that Delta Faucet parts are hard to acquire. That could be a whole new “pain in the neck”.

So how long have you worked at Moen?

When I was building Anymouse Manor, my plumber recommended Delta. He also pointed me to a dealer that carried the good stuff, not the stuff Orange and Blue typically carry. Haven't had any issues at all with any of it.

Back in the day my step-father was a plumber that owned his own business. He swore by Delta.
but.....you're never there. :D

THIS. I've got that faucet on my laundry sink and I love it. All others in the house have the low flow problem. The toothpaste won't rinse out of my toothbrush. In the kitchen I have to turn on the hot water and go do my taxes before it gets there from the tank or the sink fills. Don't even get me started on low flow shower heads. And I am so enraged over low flow toilets I wrote President Trump a letter begging him to rescind whatever mindless regulation brought us that living hell.

Here's your answer. I just installed this right below the sink, (in our basement in order to retain every cubic inch of undersink space) during our full kitchen remodel. It is sooooooo cool. Hot, actually. It can top out at 160F, so be careful out there! Buy one.

First of all, ALWAYS get one from a plumbing supply house, not a big box. Any seasoned plumber or buyer will recommend the same. Reddit, quora, healthykitchen101, plumbingforums, etc. Go and have a read yourself. Do check the price, though, because it varies from store to store.

Second of all, they’re all the same, imo. I’ve heard that Delta Faucet parts are harder to find. Don’t know if that’s actually true. Mine is a Moen pulldown kitchen faucet. Have it for almost 6 years and all seems well so far.

Last edited:
Back