N Number and Annual Inspection

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Part of the renewal process of a IA, I have to send in a list to my PMI on the aircraft by N number that I have done a Annual on. Does this list go anyplace other than my PMI desk or is their some data base in the FAA that it goes into . Their was a time AI not IA used to get stickers to put on the side window to show that it was inspected and in compliance. I am sure that around many small airports if that sticker were to be brought back it would be lacking on many planes that are still flown.

Part of the renewal process of a IA, I have to send in a list to my PMI on the aircraft by N number that I have done a Annual on. Does this list go anyplace other than my PMI desk or is their some data base in the FAA that it goes into . Their was a time AI not IA used to get stickers to put on the side window to show that it was inspected and in compliance. I am sure that around many small airports if that sticker were to be brought back it would be lacking on many planes that are still flown.

It goes in your file at the FSDO where you hold your IA.

It does not get added to any other files. In the event of an accident or enforcement the FAA would pull up your hard file if there was a question.

Back