N/A: VR home design software

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
Does anyone have experience with software for depicting different colors and materials on a home? Looking for something which allows upload of an existing house and rendering it with different colors and materials for siding to see how it might look once completed.

I write from zero experience.

I happened to see a video the other day of someone constructing a flight path movie using Flightaware ADS-B position data, Google Earth Studio and Blender. Blender is free.

Googling - blender architectural modelling
gets loads of hits.

Reminder - I know not of what I speak.

IMAGE FOLLOWS
upload_2023-2-22_14-22-50.png

Here is the flight path video, 1 hour:-
KML Flight Path (Google Earth Studio w/ Blender)

Almost every major paint company has an online tool like that. You upload a picture of your house/area to be painted, and you can superimpose whatever paint color you want on it. Go to Sherwin Williams website and play around.

Blender is well-polished. I haven't played with different materials/lighting etc. but we built a new home 11 years ago and it was and is nice to have it modeled in Blender. I don't have any experience in any other modeling software. I started using Blender in Debian Linux; now Win11 is my main platform and I use WSL in Windows for Linux tasks. I should add the learning curve in Blender is pretty steep, especially if you're new to this kind of application.

Back