N/A Tipping

I am available to receive tips right now, Venmo, Paypal, mailed checks, cash, wire transfer, gold coins.
Let me know, I'll help you set it up.
Ok. What extra ordinary service have you performed? How have you gone above and beyond to serve me?

Here’s a tip fer ya, pal. Go to Santa Anita, bet on Pork Chops to place in the third. I won’t steer ya wrong!

Only tip when somebody goes well above and beyond what they were expected to do. When only doing their job as expected, then no tip. Our letter carrier goes well above and beyond for our elderly neighbor. She will also do extra for us, even when not asked. for example, when something was delivered and she knew we were not home, and probably wouldn't be for a several days. She left us a note and didn't deliver. Porch pirates are common in our area. I am happy to make Christmas better for her. The trash collector that leaves trash all over instead of makoing sure it gets in the truck, doesn't get anything. TIPS are for services well and beyond what is normally expected of you in your job.

Ok. What extra ordinary service have you performed? How have you gone above and beyond to serve me?
Why, my mere presence, of course.
Probably should skip the tipping silliness, and simply arrange a per-head daily fee.

We used to have a bowrider boat in a dry storage facility. Every two or three trips to the lake I’d bring a 12pack or case of beer for the fork drivers and dock hands. I’d smile, thank them for their work, and say hey have a cold one at the end of the shift.

My boat was always treated with kid gloves.

I tip only at restaurants that have sit down seating. Nowhere else. That said, part of the advice that my wife will give friends of ours when they go to Egypt in March (we were there earlier this year) is to carry a bunch (seriously, $150 or more) of $1 bills as tipping is a big thing there and they will need it.

Back