N/A: Please tell me about password managers

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
I am a member of another forum which apparently had a breech. Subsequently they sent out an email to every member notifying them that every password had been reset. After logging in with the new password, I went to change it to something that I had some extremely remote chance in hell of remembering. Turns out their new password requirements are:
bad.png
Must be at least 10 characters
bad.png
Must contain lower-case characters
bad.png
Must contain upper-case characters
bad.png
Must contain numbers
bad.png
Must contain symbols

Is there a password manager which will remember and automatically enter a bunch of different passwords for a bunch of different websites across multiple devices?

I'm not sure if it was a breach, or software update or what ... but I got notice of password change needs from half a dozen forums a week or so ago.
KeePass, LastPass, Password Keeper, etc ... most/many of the mainstream password managers will do that.

Is there a password manager which will remember and automatically enter a bunch of different passwords for a bunch of different websites across multiple devices?

I use Dashlane. It works across all my devices and synchs up automatically. Its a double encryption setup which means that supposedly even the host (people at Dashlane) never has access to your passwords/usernames. You can also name an emergency contact that can unlock your account and gain access if you should kick the bucket and your heirs need to get to your bank accounts.

I am a member of another forum which apparently had a breech. Subsequently they sent out an email to every member notifying them that every password had been reset. After logging in with the new password, I went to change it to something that I had some extremely remote chance in hell of remembering. Turns out their new password requirements are:
bad.png
bad.png
bad.png
bad.png
Must contain numbers
bad.png
Must contain symbols

Would that be a Xterra forum by any chance ?

1Password works well when logging in to anything using a browser on my Macs. And it got good reviews in an article I read.

But its iOS app is less useful -- that is because on the iPhone I mostly log into things using an app instead of a browser.

1Password works well when logging in to anything using a browser on my Macs. And it got good reviews in an article I read.

But its iOS app is less useful -- that is because on the iPhone I mostly log into things using an app instead of a browser.
This raises another question...
Do any of these password managers log into apps or just when using browsers?

The devices I use are windows and android platforms typically using a firefox browser.

bad.png
bad.png
bad.png
bad.png
Must contain numbers
bad.png
Must contain symbols

I use some govmint websites which do all that, PLUS they prohibit certain things like dictionary words, certain symbols and other things like number runs. OK, we get it - your website is so secret, there is no password which will satisfy you.

+1 for LastPass (paid version). I've used it for a year and can't imagine life without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for LastPass (paid version). I've used it for a year and can't imagine life without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+2 for Lastpass and I too could not imagine life without. Has a $0.99 version for iPhone, but web app is free. Not sure about Android.

You could also make up passwords that are easy to remember for you. Let's say name of the webpage, capitalized, with your birth year at the end and maybe an exclamation point. Example: Barnstormers1935!
The passwords will be different on different webpages (so you are not running into a high risk of total breach of all your accounts if you reuse password like many do).

Also, be on the lookout for much more spam.
It seems that some of these webpages reset passwords for one reason and one reason only: to verify member base and sell their members' souls to the devil.
Proof: I received a pwd reset email from a boating forum which I haven't visited in a year or two. Stupid me, I logged in (manually typed in the URL), set up my pwd and immediately started receiving tons of boating spam, every day.

Back