N/A Non-Binary N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think 0 would be for female. and 1 for male. just from a mental image perspective.
brW02g0.png

7Qg3F9b.png

Female is the default developmental fate in humans. That is, a human embryo will develop as a female unless it is prevented from doing so by the presence of the SRY interval of the Y chromosome. Just in case anyone was interested.

Reactions: Ted
Female is the default developmental fate in humans. That is, a human embryo will develop as a female unless it is prevented from doing so by the presence of the SRY interval of the Y chromosome. Just in case anyone was interested.

Does SRY stand for the sorry interval, because then it would make sense.

I just ran into this minutes ago and answered something other than male because it made the most sense.

I opened an email account and eBay account for a nonprofit organization I volunteer for. I got to enter in that I identify as a " non-profit store run by retired folk" instead of the boring ol' male or female.

I feel so... Unoffended and not defined by what I was born with. Yay me!

I recently took a training class required by the government for healthcare providers that made it very clear it is not appropriate for a healthcare worker to ask what a persons physical gender is. It’s ok to ask their gender as long as you don’t ask them what their private bits actually are in reality.

Think about that a minute.

Does SRY stand for the sorry interval, because then it would make sense.
Sex determining Region Y. It is a locus that expresses a transcription factor (a protein that affects the expression of other genes) that itself is expressed for roughly one day. Turns on lots of genes involved in male development. The Y chromosome has a few other genes all related to male fertility. it is obviously dispensable, since half the population lacks it and seems to be doing quite fine, more or less.

Last edited:
I recently took a training class required by the government for healthcare providers that made it very clear it is not appropriate for a healthcare worker to ask what a persons physical gender is. It’s ok to ask their gender as long as you don’t ask them what their private bits actually are in reality.

I did think about it for a sec. And it's nunyabiznass until there's a need to know specifically by the appropriate people. Makes perfect sense to me.
Ya said it yourself, it's private.

I did think about it for a sec. And it's nunyabiznass until there's a need to know specifically by the appropriate people. Makes perfect sense to me.
Like, when someone is about to treat those parts or make a treatment decision that could be effected by which parts you have for example?

This is why I have to answer idiotic questions like “am I pregnant” instead of things that are relevant to my care. It results in WORSE care for everyone.

Last edited:

A couple years ago I went in for my routine annual physical. The nurse was doing the normal "has anything changed since your last visit..." questions. Then she asked me what gender I preferred. She couldn't even make eye contact when she asked, apparently it was some new policy. So I said I prefer girls, but I don't think that was what she was asking about.

Makes deciding whether you need a pelvic or prostate exam a little tough.................. Idiocy.

I was setting up a new Roku television tonight, and one option was Gender. Can anybody explain what in the world a Non-Binary person is exactly?!?!?
b5d28aa72ba95fc3d90a37e03280b7eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ugh, don’t even get me started on that crap.

Just perform both. That way everyone is treated the same. o_O
There was the time our daughter was born. There was a lot going on that day, for a lot of different reasons, and I was beat. We were still in the hospital room and my wife got up to take a shower. I moved from the chair to the bed for a short nap. Boy was the nurse surprised (me too), when she came in and lifted the covers to give my wife a quick checkup!

There was the time our daughter was born. There was a lot going on that day, for a lot of different reasons, and I was beat. We were still in the hospital room and my wife got up to take a shower. I moved from the chair to the bed for a short nap. Boy was the nurse surprised (me too), when she came in and lifted the covers to give my wife a quick checkup!

You know you don't *have* to change into a hospital gown as a visitor, right?

So the people responsible for providing health care services to you shouldn’t be allowed to know what your biological gender is unless you’re cool with it... sure. I get it. Everyone knows that men and women’s bodies work exactly the same and have exactly the same health risks.

I am a very private person. I respect others privacy as well. But telling health care providers they are not allowed to know a patients biological sex is negligent.

And it's nunyabiznass until there's a need to know specifically by the appropriate people.

So the people responsible for providing health care services to you shouldn’t be allowed to know what your biological gender is unless you’re cool with it... sure. I get it. Everyone knows that men and women’s bodies work exactly the same and have exactly the same health risks.

I am a very private person. I respect others privacy as well. But telling health care providers they are not allowed to know a patients biological sex is negligent.
I agree, but I think you missed an important part of the post.

Healthcare workers would be appropriate people, would they not?

I recently had to fill out a questionnaire prior to a medical appointment that asked me my gender, the very next question was what gender was assigned at birth.

I agree, but I think you missed an important part of the post.

Healthcare workers would be appropriate people, would they not?
I think he needs to take more than a second to think about it.

And it's nunyabiznass until there's a need to know specifically by the appropriate people.

So the people responsible for providing health care services to you shouldn’t be allowed to know what your biological gender is unless you’re cool with it...
Yes. That’s what I’m saying.
I think you’ve misconstrued his post.

Eric didn’t say that Health Care officials shouldn’t know. I assume those are the appropriate people that he’s referring to.

Eric didn’t say that Health Care officials shouldn’t know. I assume those are the appropriate people that he’s referring to.
Perhaps. I’ve gone back and reread all the pertinent posts. I’m not sure
I’m hopeful that my opinion is clear.

If so, his post didn’t make sense

What didn’t make sense about it?
Because he agreed with the policy that Health care providers shouldn’t be allowed to ask. The policy has no waiver for “appropriate”. It’s never appropriate according to the policy.

Because he agreed with the policy that Health care providers shouldn’t be allowed to ask.
Where did he say that? By ‘appropriate people’ does that not include health care officials?

Where did he say that? By ‘appropriate people’ does that not include health care officials?
“Makes perfect sense to me” is a pretty clear agreement with the policy. If not, that sentence makes no sense.

I think I think I'm just going to start self-identifying as a centaur.

I have a penis. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my penis is useless; without my penis, I am useless. . .etc.

I now identify as a Lancair owner/pilot, and expect all the abilities and opportunities given to other Lancair owner/pilots. The fact that I don't actually have one is immaterial...it's my choice.

Messed up I know, but it's how the cool kids are doing it now! Jump in! The water is meh! Some healthcare providers don't need to know squat about it unless they're doing the treatment. My chiropractor didn't ask or need to know. Jussayin. It's how it was done in the olden days the kids say now. Just like having a paper airline ticket.

Last edited:

This is a true statement. A person will inform the correct people at the correct time. It is not up to the institution because it's nunyabiznass. This is how the kids these days do it. Might as well play along since the new way is already here and there's no going back to the old way. "I'll tell you who I am. I don't need an old-timey lable to define me as it sees fit" is the new, "bless yer heart yer diffurnt."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back