[N/A] Moving to Denver Temporarily

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
Well some awesome news on my part! I’ve accepted a tentative offer to work for the NTSB as an aviation accident investigator.

I’ll have to move to the Denver area for a few years to get trained. So I’m not planning on moving the family out as the SO has a great job and we want to be close to family.

However, we’re having issues figuring out a place for me to rent, buy, or RV it in the Denver area. It’s seems to have gotten insanely expensive in the last few years.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Will you be at the Federal Center on the west side of town?

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity… but I personally try to avoid Denver like the plague.

Will you be at the Federal Center on the west side of town?

It’s actually on the East side close to DEN.

Ah, the commuter life. BTDT & got the shirt. Good luck.

It won’t be a true commuter life like my airline days. I wish it was because then I’d go home every weekend. But that would cost WAY to much money even on Frontier.

Well some awesome news on my part! I’ve accepted a tentative offer to work for the NTSB as an aviation accident investigator.

I’ll have to move to the Denver area for a few years to get trained. So I’m not planning on moving the family out as the SO has a great job and we want to be close to family.

However, we’re having issues figuring out a place for me to rent, buy, or RV it in the Denver area. It’s seems to have gotten insanely expensive in the last few years.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Maybe Gryder lives in Denver and is looking for a roomie….

If it were me, right now, I’d get a state park pass for the RV.

At the very least, it’s a relatively cheap way to go that will allow time to scope out other options.

It’s actually on the East side close to DEN.

It won’t be a true commuter life like my airline days. I wish it was because then I’d go home every weekend. But that would cost WAY to much money even on Frontier.
Lots of new building - homes and apts because of growing businesses supporting DIA as well as the established Buckley base. East Aurora gets rather expensive, tho. More in a PM later….tablet just not that practical.

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity… but I personally try to avoid Denver like the plague.
Snow storms don’t last long. We don’t get floods like Florida or Texas. Our politics are more low key. Lots more places in the state than “Denver”.

@denverpilot

Hey, Nate! Can you rent a room to the OP?

Forgot Nate lived in Denver! :confused: I haven’t seen him since his last Gaston’s trip.

@denverpilot You'll have a Ham Radio buddy!! :D

At the very least, it’s a relatively cheap way to go that will allow time to scope out other options.

Yeah. Only downside is I don’t have a RV yet.

Snow storms don’t last long. We don’t get floods like Florida or Texas. Our politics are more low key. Lots more places in the state than “Denver”.
A big part of it is the dry air. I wake up with cracked and bloody lips. Blowing my nose is also not a pleasant sight.

that’s easy, the state automatically charges you the $30 or so when you register a (every) vehicle.

A big part of it is the dry air. I wake up with cracked and bloody lips. Blowing my nose is also not a pleasant sight.

You need to drink more..... water, that is... :lol:

I live in the desert and 1000+ feet higher than Denver and I get that problem when I don't drink enough.

Still appropriate.

Nauga,
and guardians of the legacy

that’s easy, the state automatically charges you the $30 or so when you register a (every) vehicle.

The state park pass wrapped into vehicle renewal Is an opt-out charge. But for those of us that use the state parks, it’s considerably cheaper. Regular pass is $80/year for first vehicle and $35 for subsequent. The senior annual (Aspen Leaf) is $70.
I’m sure many will forget to opt out so the state will generate a lot more revenue. It will just be one more line item in the 2 pages of “fees” (hidden taxes the dirty buggers have managed to foist on us in the last few years under TABOR - Tax Payor Bill of Rights - that prohibit new taxes without public vote).
Greg

Back