N/A Is there a way to bulk delete unread email on gmail app or android accessing gmail?

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
I can bulk select and delete unread gmail on a laptop, but have been unable to find a way to do so on my android via the gmail app or otherwise. Anyone know a way to do so?

I can bulk select and delete unread gmail on a laptop, but have been unable to find a way to do so on my android via the gmail app or otherwise. Anyone know a way to do so?
There's no bulk selection on the Android app. Sadly. You have to select each individually.

There's no bulk selection on the Android app. Sadly. You have to select each individually.
That's what I thought.

Anyone know a workaround? Perhaps another app for email can access Gmail and has that capability?

On iPhone u can long click on an email, then it allows u to select multiple emails from there. Not sure if that would work for u.

On iPhone u can long click on an email, then it allows u to select multiple emails from there. Not sure if that would work for u.
Just checked, long press on a single email selects that single email. I see no option for adding more such as all unread from there.

Can you add.your Gmail account to the Outlook app? In Outlook on Android I can long press on an email, then in the menu click Select All.

Just checked, long press on a single email selects that single email. I see no option for adding more such as all unread from there.

After u long press on an email then tap on other emails. Do you get checkmarks next to each email? again this may just be iPhone functionality.

After u long press on an email then tap on other emails. Do you get checkmarks next to each email? again this may just be iPhone functionality.
Just checked, long press selects the single email. If I then click on a 2nd email the 2nd email opens. If I then delete the 2nd email, Gmail returns to all emails with the 1st one still selected.

Just checked, long press selects the single email. If I then click on a 2nd email the 2nd email opens. If I then delete the 2nd email, Gmail returns to all emails with the 1st one still selected.
No long press needed, press just the letter/icon on the left of the email. DON'T PRESS IN THE CENTER ON ANY OF THE TEXT OF THE EMAIL SUBJECT. Just keep tapping on the left letter icon and select a whole bunch, Then trash can it.

No long press needed, press just the letter/icon on the left of the email. DON'T PRESS IN THE CENTER ON ANY OF THE TEXT OF THE EMAIL SUBJECT. Just keep tapping on the left letter icon and select a whole bunch, Then trash can it.
Yes, this works, but requires many taps when I have like 100 email to delete.

Can you add.your Gmail account to the Outlook app? In Outlook on Android I can long press on an email, then in the menu click Select All.
Will download outlook and check.

Oh, yeah, no way to do it in the app. Pop on the web browser
I tried that on Firefox and was unable. It kept sending me to the Gmail app. Couldn't figure out how to get the browser page for Gmail.

I tried that on Firefox and was unable. It kept sending me to the Gmail app. Couldn't figure out how to get the browser page for Gmail.
You can open Gmail in an incognito window and decline to go to the app. But I'm not sure that will fix your problem.

My Android email app aggregates a couple email addresses which I can select a folder called "Unread". I can then long press on one of the emails which enables a "select all" button at the top. Then delete. This avoids having to select them one-by-one.

My Android email app aggregates a couple email addresses which I can select a folder called "Unread". I can then long press on one of the emails which enables a "select all" button at the top. Then delete. This avoids having to select them one-by-one.
What app is that?

Mine is Samsung Email, but it's a Samsung phone so I don't know if it's compatible with all Androids.

Mine is Samsung Email, but it's a Samsung phone so I don't know if it's compatible with all Androids.
yeah, likely not. I've moved away from Samsung and now have a Oneplus 10t 16 gb/512 gb. It's a great phone with superfast 150w charger (limited to 125w in the usa). Oneplus is nice in that it doesn't come with the bloatware that Samsung tends to include, but lacks some of Samsungs beneficial apps too; double edge sword...

yeah, likely not. I've moved away from Samsung and now have a Oneplus 10t 16 gb/512 gb. It's a great phone with superfast 150w charger (limited to 125w in the usa). Oneplus is nice in that it doesn't come with the bloatware that Samsung tends to include, but lacks some of Samsungs beneficial apps too; double edge sword...
You can search Google Play to see if maybe it's still available. I've got a Note 10+ 5G which has been phenomenal and also has the fast charging. I haven't noticed too much of the typical Samsung flavor on mine, but every now and then the Samsung internet browser gets annoying since I like to use Chrome. Minor nit to pick.

Back